• Similar Content

• By Ramirez
      Hello all! I am new here, so this is my first post/thread here ever. 

Today I got my Panasonic Lumix GH3. Before I have used Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Fujifilm X-E1/X100s for video recording. I have never used a camera that allows me full control during video recording before.

I ordered the GH3 because I am going to make a documentary movie about a motorcycle club during this coming summer. They ride together every Monday during the summer period. I am going to follow them.
      I am going to record video from the places they visit, maybe some video during their rides. Making interviews etc.

During autumn after the season is over - I am going to edit the movie and burn it to DVD:s. Then sell the movie to the members of the motorcycle club (a few hundred members). 

The selling point of this documentary is the nostalgic value. It does´t need to be the most professional looking movie. But I would like to make it as good as I possible can.

I have a few months to prepare myself, training video recording with the GH3.

I would love to get some tips of what I need for this project. Rigs (for walking), shotgun mics etc.?
      I live in a PAL-area; what frame rates are recommended; 24p, 25p, 50p for different situations (interview, motorcycles moving...)? In full manual does it go the double shutter speed over the framerate (like 1/50 for 25p etc.)?

All tips are deeply appreciated!
    • By JackHorror
      Olympus EM5 body costs: 800€
      Panasonic GH3 body costs: 1200€
      Both are shooting 60fps both have 16mp sensor.

I believe that Olympus EM5 is the best camera for that price & that  it has the same video quality with the Panasonic GH3 (i am telling that cause i've seen a lot of compares), correct me if i am wrong!

Here is a very nice Olympus EM5 video

• By Wit
      Today was a lovely day. The baby blue tits flew into the wide world and I tested some settings on my camera and my new ND filter. Hope you like the quick edit. I like my new ND fader.

camera - Panasonic GH3
      lens - Panasonic 12-35 mm
      settings - Mov 50p, -5, -5, -3, -4 and no color grading
      filter - Light Craft variable fader ND digi Pro-Hd
      music - Cold summer landscape by Blearmoon

https://vimeo.com/68405644
    • By Wit
      Today I had an extensive testing of the Sennheiser MKE400 microphone with my Panasonic GH3. I tried it in different settings (Highering and lowering the audio gain in and outside the camera) but it came with a disappointing sssss noise. When I used the mic with my Zoom H1 it was still there but lesser.

Anybody knows what's causing this and got a solution? Thanx!

• By com21
      Alright, not sure if this is the right forum but, I recently just got a GH3 , I do mostly VIDEO, I film alot of skateboarding about 60 percent and then short movies/docs/video/ the other 40 percent.  I am an old vx2000 user for like 10 years and thought it was time to upgrade. I been researching for weeks and decided to get a GH3,  My question is should I have i gotten a panny ag-ac90 insted?

This was my reasoning,   For years i kept hearing and seeing how good the gh2 was, and how nice the quality was. i saw alot of pro filmers starting to use dslr's granted they prolly use mark 3's but whatever, I saw many tests were it was a gh3 vs the ag-ac90, and they looked just about the same , the ag-ac90 was about 800 dollars more but i would need 2 lenses for my gh3 for they even out in price.

I understand that the Ag-ac90 is an easier SHOT and GO, and the has XLR, and an adapter for gh3 is more $$$$ like 300, but all the seperate videos and short films i kept watching for both cameras, the GH3 BESTED the ag-ac90 easly quality,  un color corrected and color corrected I could not understand why,
      WHy dslrs have such good quality when cameras made just for filmimg can't keep up.

So in my NOT PRO opinion i got the gh3, it just shipped yesturday. IF u take away the shot and go, and the better sound controls ( i don't really mind taking time to set-up ) DID i make the right choice.   Also as there was a awsome hack for gh2 that made it super sweet, i am hoping sometime within the year the gh3 would get one that would make it even more better.    Opinions Please?
      sorry for making you read all this,  --Alex--