SlashCAM conclude Blackmagic Cinema Camera review, compares to Canon C300

Andrew Reid

I think you misunderstood HurtinMinorKey, Andrew...

What she meant is that for the price of a C100 you can get a BMCC + essential add-ons + workstation and you end up with superior image quality, which seems to be among the lines of what you were saying yourself.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hurt minor key asked Andrew why he hadnt flooded us with footage yet.

OMG, what an offense!!!

BMC (min setup) + (HP Z820 editing station) =(price of c100) + (another league of IQ).

Andrew, why haven't you flooded us with footage yet?

English is not my native language, but what I read from this is "The BMCC is a much better deal. Andrew, when are you posting some footage so these people stop talking shit?".

The way I see it she was supporting what Andrew was saying, and didn't deserve such a harsh response, but that's just me.

The BMC and Canon C100 are completely different markets.

So you compare the BMCC to the F55 and claim that the F55 market needs nothing else than a BMCC, but the C100 is a completely different market. Seriously...

Hurt minor key asked Andrew why he hadnt flooded us with footage yet.

And she also said what Bruno explained, if understood correctly.

Now, I don't think she meant any wrong with the "flood of footage", she's just eager to see more material coming from someone who knows what he's doing.

By the way, how do we know HurtMinorKey is a "she"? Not that it can't happen, I just don't know. Is it because "key" is feminine? :P

OMG, what an offense!!!

English is not my native language, but what I read from this is "The BMCC is a much better deal. Andrew, when are you posting some footage so these people stop talking shit?".

The way I see it she was supporting what Andrew was saying, and didn't deserve such a harsh response, but that's just me.

So you compare the BMCC to the F55 and claim that the F55 market needs nothing else than a BMCC, but the C100 is a completely different market. Seriously...

I think it is offensive to talk on behalf other people. You clearly know nothing about cameras and yet your attitude is condascending and arrogant.

As for the BMC and the F55 the market you talk about is those who need the highest picture quality RAW. The BMC competes and is therefore the same market. Just a different price level.

The C100  works with 8 bit highly compressed 4.2.0 and the BMC works in RAW CLEARLY TWO different markets. NOW if you cant see the difference then your posts are of no benefit to this forum. In fact they pull down all the constructive and positve elements and are in my opinion troll like behaviour.

And she also said what Bruno explained, if understood correctly.

Now, I don't think she meant any wrong with the "flood of footage", she's just eager to see more material coming from someone who knows what he's doing.

Lets look at what Bruno said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What she meant is that for the price of a C100 you can get a BMCC + essential add-ons + workstation and you end up with superior image quality, which seems to be among the lines of what you were saying yourself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT Bruno is saying and you are backing up is that Andrew misunderstood a basic sentence entirely and then to add to his stupidity he believes the same thing anyway.

Really? You want to rubbish the owner of the forum? The question of course is "Why would you do that?"

Each of you backs up each others posts to add credibility to something that is clearly not right.

In the end no one will post because their time and energy is trashed, Is that the idea?

Agree with Andrew, this is the second topic where this happens. All flaming and trolling without even owning or having any experience with the gear discussed. Not that you can't have an opinion without owning it, but please keep it friendly and provide some proof/support for your statements.

This forum has/had the most friendly ambiance by far, let's keep it that way, together.

Friends. The BMCC is  'beta' product. It's common for companies to jump on the 'gee whiz' technology bandwagon with betas, sprinkle some demo units around to super grateful and ebulient 'testors' and as the community of interest boils up with pros and cons, quitely and yet furiously, plan the NEXT model. At some point in this lifecycle a sweet spot is reached and that's no longer the beta model, but a full blown mature product. THAT's the product that is the embodiment of reasonable compromise.
Early adopter are generous, sometimes foolhardy but always on the beta's side since they really didn't pay for the demo unit or have so much cash on hand it doesn't really matter.

When we can attach monetary income to the equation and conversation, I'd love to chat.

For now, the BMCC has the best price/performace in the Raw capture category if you do not have to load it up all the way or edit in RAW.

Andrew's conversion tactic from RAW to Prores may still mean he gets a better image to work with, certainly, we all know that RAW allows for 4:2:2 color which is a boon to ChromaKey if nothing else.

Just remember. it is a beta.

Lets look at what Bruno said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT Bruno is saying and you are backing up is that Andrew misunderstood a basic sentence entirely and then to add to his stupidity he believes the same thing anyway.

Really? You want to rubbish the owner of the forum? The question of course is "Why would you do that?"

Each of you backs up each others posts to add credibility to something that is clearly not right.

In the end no one will post because their time and energy is trashed, Is that the idea?

I was agreeing to the post that you mention (#81). What got you mad may have been the response made right before mine (or at the same time, #83) which I hadn't read and I don't condone. I don't agree with many of the things Bruno said, but I did agree with that #81 response, so why repeat his words if he had said exactly what I thought? I hope you're not answering like this out of the silly comments that were made in the 200mm lens topic (in which I partially agree with you).
I was never disrespectful, and there's nothing wrong with not agreeing with the owner of the forum. Why would there be so? Are we supposed to think all the same? In fact, he encourages that we speak our minds and share opinions and thoughts, as long as we keep it all in good health. I do get annoyed as well when I read such misinformed or simply ill intentioned comments, but it's up to us to keep the peace and do our best to maintain the best of atmospheres in the forum.
The point is to enrich everyone's baggage of knowledge, to learn from one another. It may be hard to not get carried away, but it's in our best interest to keep it friendly like Jon de Zwaan said. This is one of the very few forums where I've found such good vibes (for the most part, perhaps).

By the way, the only time I went around Planet5D I really couldn't stand it, but I had to comment in their own tone. They pulled me down with them, it was incredible.

By the way, I hadn't checked the URLs in HurtinMinorKey's signature. Are you the first woman to set foot? I which case yesterday I noticed there's a second one. :P

To clarify, two people use this account. My wife (Caroline) and I (Peter).  If the post is argumentative and or about tech it is usually me. If it's about style and/or has proper grammar, it's definitely her.   

I was agreeing to the post that you mention (#81). What got you mad may have been the response made right before mine (or at the same time, #83) which I hadn't read and I don't condone. I don't agree with many of the things Bruno said, but I did agree with that #81 response, so why repeat his words if he had said exactly what I thought? I hope you're not answering like this out of the silly comments that were made in the 200mm lens topic (in which I partially agree with you).
I was never disrespectful, and there's nothing wrong with not agreeing with the owner of the forum. Why would there be so? Are we supposed to think all the same? In fact, he encourages that we speak our minds and share opinions and thoughts, as long as we keep it all in good health. I do get annoyed as well when I read such misinformed or simply ill intentioned comments, but it's up to us to keep the peace and do our best to maintain the best of atmospheres in the forum.
The point is to enrich everyone's baggage of knowledge, to learn from one another. It may be hard to not get carried away, but it's in our best interest to keep it friendly like Jon de Zwaan said. This is one of the very few forums where I've found such good vibes (for the most part, perhaps).

By the way, the only time I went around Planet5D I really couldn't stand it, but I had to comment in their own tone. They pulled me down with them, it was incredible.

Andrews original post was in two parts. In the second Hurt minor key also asked Andrew why he hadnt flooded us with footage yet. I assumed Andrew had taken offence for whatever reason I and others were not privy to.

Bruno remarked on the first part of Andrews post. I therefore reminded Bruno about the second part. In my opinion it was wise not to jump to conclusions and speak for Andrew and to wait until Andrew or Hurt minor key made clear the issue they were having.

Andrew has done that and apologised. Its also a lesson in why people shouldnt speak for others because they are only guessing. What I tried to do was redress the balance to being nuetral.

Not that it matters anymore, everyone else got it but you (what a surprise), but I did comment on both parts of the post, as they both served the same point, just go back and read it carefully this time, and don't bother replying. Please?

Do you notice anyone speaking in my defence?

Ask yourself why.

As I said it. It was between Andrew and Hurt minor key. Also what matters is the way you post. Manners cost nothing. Everyone is entitled to a point of view. Asking me not to reply to a putdown is a desire on your part to pull rank.

If you wish to post because you wish to establish your authority . You have to have solid argument. Not berate, bully, tar or feather. Or use putdowns and inuendo.

I would suggest that you should post on what you know and not what you think might be right. I also suggest that you stop trying to force lost arguments by changing the rules with putdowns.

I hope you are not in authority of any kind if this is your attitude.