First Sony F55 sample movie - 4K 60fps

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nanrwUlGA24[/youtube]

More on the Sony F55 at EOSHD: [url="http://www.eoshd.com/content/9148/sony-drop-a-bombshell-with-4k-raw-180fps-and-global-shutter-here-are-the-sony-f5-and-f55"]Analysis and specs[/url]

Here it is! Shot in 4K at 60fps for slow-mo, this is a test movie from the Sony F55. Designed to compete head-on with the Arri Alexa, the camera's major selling points are a global shutter and future proof 4K.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote name='Tzedekh' timestamp='1353973742' post='22375']
This doesn't look all that impressive, although I'd have to see a 4K projection to get the full effect.

I can't help feeling that there's an as yet unannounced 4K+ camera out there that will cost less than $5K and put this, the Alexa, and the Epic to shame.
[/quote]

Did you change quality to "original"? It defaults to 360p and looks like garbage.

The Sony footage is alot better than how it was graded. The original was 4096 x 2160.
I'm hoping the Leica M camera will have quality footage similar to the C300 while maintaining the organic film look. We should have more info in the next few months. The Sony footage is quality but the price is expensive. Will it be worth it?

[quote name='enatsu' timestamp='1354019325' post='22426']
My 4K test movie shot by F55 is now set to private until 29th of this month. You will enjoy it after that. Thank you.

Yosh Enatsu
[/quote]

Could you upload your movie to Vimeo instead of YouTube? We can see it in much higher quality specially when you allow us to download the footage.

Actually detail looks fantastic. I agree with the grading. I wish there was more aggressive grading. Actually, I hope they will release some test footage for us to do our own grading. Wonder how this compares to Alexa RAW, even against the BMCC. Can't wait to see more!