Interesting Digital Bolex interview

Bruno

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
What a silly discussion. These people do have way too much time on their hands... seriously...

I don't have any money invested in this, but you don't need to look further than the Digital Bolex website news section to get extremely detailed info on the progress of the entire project. On top of that, you have the 2 creators showing up for interviews everywhere, on every different filmmaking website or blog, do you think they're all in on it? I don't think it would be worth it...

If this was a scam why would they stop at 100 orders? They could have gotten at least 5 to 10x more orders than that through kickstarter alone!!!

Maybe they're scammers AND dumb?

[quote name='Bruno' timestamp='1353941689' post='22320']
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_k1MS80SKk"]https://www.youtube....h?v=C_k1MS80SKk[/url]
[/quote]

This guy claims, they are also planning on manufacturing $600-800 kindda lenses, for $125 (1:20). Has he lost the plot?

I would have guessed this to be on the lines of Hans Christian Andersen's famous fairytale/ short story "the Emperor's New Clothes" or a scam of the magnitude of one by Victor Lustig. But, apparently they showed their first short film, shot, on the bolex @ Cannes. Also,they have a lotta media coverage. Why would they go to all those lengths, if they were planning on escaping.

I am, though, curious to know, what the terms of the Kickstarter campaign were/ are, and what kind of advance the first 100 buyers paid.

It's no secret how much they made...
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joedp/the-digital-bolex-the-1st-affordable-digital-cinem

People who paid for a camera (at the discounted rate) will get the finished product. They'll actually get a better camera than they paid for at the time, with all the tweaks they've been making.

[quote name='sanveer' timestamp='1353959921' post='22349']
This guy claims, they are also planning on manufacturing $600-800 kindda lenses, for $125 (1:20). Has he lost the plot?
[/quote]

He's not claiming they'll be selling $800 lenses for $125. They've talked about this a few times.
What he said is they'll be selling lenses "as sharp as" an $800 dollar lens for $125, now the lens itself is a different thing, don't expect the same construction, they mentioned they'll be fixed focal length and fixed aperture, so nothing like an $800 dollar lens, but according to them still pretty sharp and useable.

Now I'm not trying to sell you their cameras, I have no guarantees these guys are legit at all, but if you follow the updates it's not as nonsense as some are trying to make it look.

It's not a scam. It was a very risky investment if you ask me, but it is legit. They have used the kickstarter money to hire engineers and software designers and have prototype circuit boards and camera body. I think they bit off more than they can chew, but they are having a good go of it and it is fairly clear that they are spending the kickstarter funds sensibly. I wish them well and hope they can finalise their prototypes soon and put the thing into production.