most affordable, but portable, external monitor for gh2?

JimJeffBeam

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Those lilliput seem decent. I could maybe afford one of those, I just don't know how essential it is... I have small hd tvs at my house that I could use as an external monitor but that won't help for portability.. Does the lilliput connect right to your gh2/dslr?

Any other suggestions?

I have a Lilliput 668 connected to the GH2 with an HDMI cable. Works fine, about two-and-a-half hours battery time. Internal battery makes it quite slim. I often use just the viewfinder or the GH2 screen, but the Lilliput is good for my crane and for fine focusing work.

I have a 7" lilliput monitor on mine also.. Hooked into hdmi, very reliable and i would say essential.. I have a loupe with a diopter for focusing, but the other 95% of the time, i'm using the lilliput. It does much better than that turd of an LCD attached to the Gh2 when you hit record.. (Doesn't go apeshit "blue-green" when you start recording, lol.) There is still the gamma shift issue, but nothing like the lcd.. i paid $220 for mine.

[quote name='Matt' timestamp='1352560254' post='21449']
I have a Nexus 7 and hunted all over the web to see if there was a way to use it as an external moniter for the GH2 but there doesn't presently seem anyway to do it.
[/quote]

I wrote in, to them, requesting them to make an app, for the Panasonic GH2. I guess, if more people write in, they may be tempted, to make it compatible, with the GH2 (and later, perhaps, the GH3), as well.

this is the url, to write in, to them:

http://dslrcontroller.com/contact.php