Apefos Anamorphic Project

QuickHitRecord

I have been following the development of a new anamorphic lens created by Personal-View user Apefos, and today we finally have the first footage:

[media]http://vimeo.com/52515544[/media]

It is remarkable to me what a lone person can overcome and accomplish with a little conviction and a lot of patience.

For more information, see the thread at Personal-View.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
my problem is i have iscorama and moller and everything else is not..

my redstan hypergonar 1.33 prototype was finished months ago but i need to give it to someone for feedback i kind of put everything on the back burner.

the apefoscoperama is already looking pretty good
some of these shots are really great this is what patience and energy and drive can do for a prototype super quick as well.
this to me already seems superior to optex and century 2 companies that had over 30 years optics experience with a design worked out on a 1990s super computer.
flare issues on the apefos optic can be sorted with experiments in coating and finding and matching taking lens.
viva brazil

these designs though can never match the better optics as they rely on single element optics and f stop correction.
if you take apart any of the great scope optics of the 60s and 70s they always have highly corrected double element achromatic designs.
even the poor mans proskar has thick doublets.

the panasonic,optex and century all had single element designs using more modern glass types.
even with a super modern design like the optex it can never be a match for a modest sankor for corner top corner sharpness.

Apefos is in the final stages of developing this lens with a goal having the first batch ready to sell by the end of the year. He is now taking donations on his website:

[quote]Hi, I am developing the Apefoscope Anamorphic Adapter Project and I got 145 usd donation until now. I just need 105 usd more to reach the 250 usd goal to try the lens coating options, the last task.

vimeo.com/52515544

I am begging here for a small donation, any amount welcome, so I can try the coating options to show on vimeo and finish the project. So people will can buy it.

to do donation go to: [url="http://www.apefos.com/"]http://www.apefos.com[/url]

If you prefer to stay anonymous in donation it is ok, if you prefer to say in the main topic you did the donation it is very helpful.

Thank you very much![/quote]

• 3 months later...

Behold, the first Apefoscope customer review...

Test footage was shot with my hacked GH2 and a few prime lenses identified in the video. Aside from changing the footage to the 1.33 aspect ratio, none of the footage was altered.

Extra Notes: One of the shots with the Canon FD 24mm was at a 1 foot focus distance(the sink shot with water dripping). Unlike most anamorphics, the focus distance is really good with this thing.

He did well.  he'd have sold a lot of these if he had access to a good lens grinder, it were in a proper housing and had a rotary type focus mechanism.  but most importantly, why did he not shoot a short demo piece like this review.  sells the concept about 10000000% better than his own samples

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...