To all of you (whiners ;))

tomekk

Guys, you realize you (buyers) ALWAYS want the lowest possible price for the best equipment and company (seller) ALWAYS want to sell for the highest possible price. Now turn around and look at yourself when you are a seller (you sell videos/photos/whatever). You want exactly the same! No difference. If not then do it for no profit and don't lie to yourself that you are different.
Now, even though you want to sell for the highest possible price it's not possible. IT'S NATURAL AND NORMAL. Market create balance for those things and sets the most optimum price. You do not! You can think it's unfair? Obviously. Is it objectively fair? Obviously NOT! What's fair? Free market price. Market will punish bad companies and rewards good companies. It's optimal, fair and objective. Who is market? All of you but TOGHETER. You don't have to whine in every thread about canon (or any other company) ripping you off. You are not a market as a whole. You are not objective.

Just buy what you think is BEST, recommend what you think is BEST and others will follow if they feel you're right. If something is superior, explain it, prove it. Why whining? Remember you are the same, every time you sell! If you ask for too much, ppl will not buy if there is someone better than you for the same price. Nobody has to whine though.

Remember, you sell too. There is always price difference between you and someone else for gazillion of reasons. You set the price to maximize profit. THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE AND GOOD. After all, life cost money. Hardware gets broken, you get ill sometimes, you have a family, you want to expand your company (buying better things cost more $), running bigger comapny cost more money, you gain experience and quality of your work gets better over time so you put a premium on your stuff... If you do it right people will pay and it's nothing wrong with charging a lot if people buy it. Reasons for it can't be explained in one sentence. To make it short: You do the good job.
Obviously you have to watch out because if you screw something up, you'll lose. People who buy your work will decide, they're looking closely, following competition and will choose what's best for them.

So please stop crying, you are NOT forced to buy things and nobody is forced to buy what you sell. WE ALL WANT THE BEST FOR US. If we sell we want to maximize profit, if we buy we want the lowest possible price and that is perfectly fine, but, only free market creates balance and optimal price for the product.

If company puts a premium on a product and you don't like that premium don't buy it. Buy something else. They put premium for reasons which are beyond you. You will never fully understand how they come up with a final price for a product because you don't run that particular company. Likewise, nobody will understand fully why you charge specific amount of money. If you get rich though, that's a sign you're doing something right. You're better than others. You can charge more than competition for multiple of reasons and if you do it right and your profit increases then you're doing it right. Just because value of your work is higher (even though you might target less customers and obviously for some you'll not be worth paying extra money).

So to summarize: Whining doesn't help, Buying helps. When you buy you reward a company. When you don't buy, you manifest.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
So honestly man.. Did you think you were going to condescendingly pop up a 3 page long slap in the face of every aspiring filmmaker on here and not get a response? For starters, "whining" is a form of ventilation for the majority of us here on the forums regarding the overpriced, underperforming products of companies like Canon. We loved the Mark 2. We were loyal for a Mark 3 that kicked its ass... What we got was a 5d mark 2 without moire & aliasing for $1500 more... Along with a cinema line starting at $15,000 picking up its slack. While i agree that no one has to buy their cameras, you don't have to read our ticked off rants about why we're upset that the very demographic that made Canon a filmmaking revolution, has now been priced right the hell out of the equation. And they wonder why their profits have been pounded suddenly...

I personally don't practice selling something that offers less than what someone else is offering for more than what they are... But that's just me. I know that's shady. So we're a little pissed about their lack of moral fortitude and we "whine" about it in forums. So what. If you get tired of reading it, head over to another thread... Nobody is going to commit murder over an overpriced camera, but we will bitch about it and probably won't give a crap how pointless it is. If i stub my toe on a chair, not yelling "Motherf*cker!!" As loud as i can isn't going to solve anything either... But it will draw a form of release which can be healthy... And since not buying a Canon camera won't make me feel better either, i'll complain about it in a thread instead....because nobody but oil tycoons can afford the sunuvabitch. Thus, why "not" buying their product is not even an option.

Sincerely,

Whiner

Is this your attempt at "i'm going to post something that makes me seem intelligent" post?

you made this post to the masses not taking into consideration that not everybody lives with the same mind state you are posting on.

I for one don't always "get the most I can" for my work, I will work with a clients budget.

but if you want to be specific about a product that is worth "whining about" we can mention the C300.
There are cameras that out preform it and half the cost, with more features.
Canon is about like apple, they know that when they put their name on a product, the people that can afford it
will buy it (fanboys) and the people with a little bit of common sense will do the research and invest in a product
that offers more bang for your buck (BMCC). I'm not at all comparing the C300 and the BMCC, just saying that
it's all about the name on the product. The c300 may be the best camera in the world for ones specific needs, but the
price tag canon stamped on it is absurd. I have yet to run across anybody that has found the price of the C300 to be reasonable.
Basically Canon created a product that will mainly be a "rented" product.

Also, I'm not sure where you are from, but where I live (USA) we have something called "freedom of speech" and I guess you could say that would give one "freedom to whine"

If you really want to get technical, you are whining about whiners.

[quote name='Germy1979' timestamp='1351385252' post='20456']
So honestly man.. Did you think you were going to condescendingly pop up a 3 page long slap in the face of every aspiring filmmaker on here and not get a response?
[/quote]
No I actually think I'm going to get banned when Andrew wakes up ;).

For starters, "whining" is a form of ventilation for the majority of us here on the forums regarding the overpriced, underperforming products of companies like Canon. We loved the Mark 2. We were loyal for a Mark 3 that kicked its ass... What we got was a 5d mark 2 without moire & aliasing for $1500 more... Along with a cinema line starting at $15,000 picking up its slack. While i agree that no one has to buy their cameras, you don't have to read our ticked off rants about why we're upset that the very demographic that made Canon a filmmaking revolution, has now been priced right the hell out of the equation. And they wonder why their profits have been pounded suddenly...
[/quote]
My post didn't target specific companies. It's a general talk about whining ;).

I personally don't practice selling something that offers less than what someone else is offering for more than what they are... But that's just me. I know that's shady. So we're a little pissed about their lack of moral fortitude and we "whine" about it in forums. So what. If you get tired of reading it, head over to another thread... Nobody is going to commit murder over an overpriced camera, but we will bitch about it and probably won't give a crap how pointless it is. If i stub my toe on a chair, not yelling "Motherf*cker!!" As loud as i can isn't going to solve anything either... But it will draw a form of release which can be healthy... And since not buying a Canon camera won't make me feel better either, i'll complain about it in a thread instead....because nobody but oil tycoons can afford the sunuvabitch. Thus, why "not" buying their product is not even an option.

Sincerely,

Whiner
[/quote]
Pretty sure, buying superior product for less and doing some camera work will be much more valuable than whining on the forum and would profit in future. I don't slap anyone in the face. Just pointing out it's pointless and waste of energy+resources+ our very own precious time...
Sure you can post what you want, but whining on a public forum is just selfish. It doesn't help with anything but everyone at least have to start reading and waste time. Yeah you may say it's 30s so whatever, but then multiply it by number of whiners on the forum in all threads ;). It adds up pretty quickly even if u don't realize it. Anyway, it doesn't even matter, it's just selfish.

[quote name='gravitatemediagroup' timestamp='1351385618' post='20457']
Is this your attempt at "i'm going to post something that makes me seem intelligent" post?
[/quote]

It's a post.

you made this post to the masses not taking into consideration that not everybody lives with the same mind state you are posting on.

I for one don't always "get the most I can" for my work, I will work with a clients budget.
[/quote]
Ok, let's analyze it. 1) You have 2 clients. One with bigger budget and the other one with smaller (other variables are the same). Which one you choose.
2) You have 1 client with specific budget or you have no work at all. Which one you choose.

but if you want to be specific about a product that is worth "whining about" we can mention the C300.
There are cameras that out preform it and half the cost, with more features.
Canon is about like apple, they know that when they put their name on a product, the people that can afford it
will buy it (fanboys) and the people with a little bit of common sense will do the research and invest in a product
that offers more bang for your buck (BMCC). I'm not at all comparing the C300 and the BMCC, just saying that
it's all about the name on the product. The c300 may be the best camera in the world for ones specific needs, but the
price tag canon stamped on it is absurd. I have yet to run across anybody that has found the price of the C300 to be reasonable.
Basically Canon created a product that will mainly be a "rented" product.
[/quote]
I've said it before but will repeat: I'm just pointing out whining is a waste of energy+resources+time because it doesn't help anyone, except you (and that's selfish)

Also, I'm not sure where you are from, but where I live (USA) we have something called "freedom of speech" and I guess you could say that would give one "freedom to whine"

If you really want to get technical, you are whining about whiners.
[/quote]
Sure, but it's just selfish because it doesn't help with anything + I'm not whining about whiners. Just saying it's pointless.

Side note: I also hate that 5dMK3 is not true 1080p. I think canon should put BMCC quality into 5dmk3 body + great low light with FF sensor so I could get the perfect product (price wise: I'd eat current price of the 5dmk3. Although, if it was for 10$ then that would be awesome ;)).
Yeah, it's a shame canon hasn't improved resolution since 5dmk2 and I absolutely hate it. I need FF for wide angles (dark, club shots, ppl dancing, not much space - any ideas ?) (I'm a newbie and was waiting for 5dmk3 and then they didn't deliver :((.
I don't whine on a public forum, though, cause it's a waste of everyones time.

[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1351387479' post='20460']

Pretty sure, buying superior product for less and doing some camera work will be much more valuable and would profit in future. I don't slap anyone in the face. Just pointing out it's pointless and waste of energy+resources+ our very own precious time...
[/quote]

We are doing camera work. Just not on Canon's... Because they cost appendages..

[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1351387479' post='20460']

No I actually think I'm going to get banned when Andrew wakes up ;).

My post didn't target specific companies. It's a general talk about whining ;).

Pretty sure, buying superior product for less and doing some camera work will be much more valuable than whining on the forum and would profit in future. I don't slap anyone in the face. Just pointing out it's pointless and waste of energy+resources+ our very own precious time...
Sure you can post what you want, but whining on a public forum is just selfish. It doesn't help with anything but everyone at least have to start reading and waste time. Yeah you may say it's 30s so whatever, but then multiply it by number of whiners on the forum in all threads ;). It adds up pretty quickly even if u don't realize it. Anyway, it doesn't even matter, it's just selfish.
[/quote]

Then by all means, since your unselfish opinion is what really matters here.. I'll quit bitching and cure cancer.

(That was sarcasm...i'll probably whine when the new Sony F comes out on the 30th too... You don't have to read it though:)

[quote name='Germy1979' timestamp='1351392546' post='20467']
Then by all means, since your unselfish opinion is what really matters here.. I'll quit bitching and cure cancer.

(That was sarcasm...i'll probably whine when the new Sony F comes out on the 30th too... You don't have to read it though:)
[/quote]
but I'll sitll waste 30s to read first few lines just to realize it's another whining post :P. OK, to make it equal I'll whine about whiners under every whiner's post ;)

[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1351392929' post='20468']

but I'll sitll waste 30s to read first few lines just to realize it's another whining post :P. OK, to make it equal I'll whine about whiners under every whiner's post ;)
[/quote]

I'll look for you.. It will be a vicious cycle of point making and sword fighting.... With an onslaught of smileys.

;)

[quote name='gravitatemediagroup' timestamp='1351395994' post='20471']
Proved me wrong? Lol
I'm hardly taking you serious, I've been laughing since your first post. The fact still remains that you are whining about whiners. Instead of worrying about people's opinions and freedom of speech, go shoot some footage.
[/quote]

It's the opposite. You're worrying more about whiners (cause u defend it) and I'm worrying about valuable opinion of non whiners. I care about the quality, whining lowers the quality (unless you convince me whining adds value to the conversation). Everybody already knows CANON sucks ***#@$&*@#&$. No need to repeat it all the time. I mean you can, I don't care. Freedom of speech etc. Overall forum quality suffers though, that's all.

yeah, I'll shoot movie about whining =)
"Whiners club: The origins" ( shot entirely on canon DSLR ).

There is a difference between not caring about whiners and defending them. If you are curious of a products quality, buy it for yourself and develop your own opinion. Of course the Internet is full of whiners, they've always been here and I don't expect them to just up and disappear anytime soon.

Everybody you come across doesn't think canon sucks. Every camera has it's pros and cons obviously.

I'm getting the impression that you are attempting to be a troll. Trolls will troll, whiners will whine, welcome to the Internet!