Any other wide scope anamorphic adapters out there - for DSLRs ?

OverCranked

We are about to start a small 0$ project that I'm going to shoot it on anamorphic adapters and GH2. Although the Kowa B&H is mostly good for exteriors there are quite a few interior shots ( car interior, rural gas station bathroom, ... ) in this project. Test are showing even Tokina 11-16 set at 11mm won't provide the POV the script is asking for. My options are narrowing down to either rewrite or shoot on FishEye for most of interiors and rewrite to explain the the visuals - re-modeling spaces are out of budget/question .

There is one more last option and that is LA-7200 or century optics anamorphic that I don't know much about. Before I start the bid fighting the pirates on the Bay I need to know if there are any other viable options out there for really wide scopes within the low budget access. Any help is appreciated.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
anamorphic wont allow you to shoot your proposed shots. If you cant get it with the tokina, you wont get it with any anamorphic option out there without modifying the car to shoot from and exterior point (camera mounted outside). Car interiors will need a set of diopters without doubt. since car interiors and a bathroom scene might not actually gain anything from anamorphic why not just crop for these shots and keep anamorphic for your shots which really need it?

yeah, you're gonna be limited pretty much to the focal length of your taking lens and the widest you can go is about 28mm before a vignette starts appearing.

having said that, you probably wont have to rewrite, just frame creatively to get your point across.

what about one of those wide angle adapters? anyone tried one of those?

We went over Tokina shots @ 11mm all day. As you guys mentioned, every one got the point that there aren't any visual gains from anamorphic in a tight bathroom shot. I am going to do a crane camera move on a pocket dolly to present the character's appearance in that tight space then crop to 2.66:1 and we are golden. ( female sensuality in a dirty space like inside a rural gas station toilet ... )

Thank you very much for support guys. Now I can get some needed sleep.