Thunderbolt Hard Drives

Zach

Hello Everyone!

Has anyone had any success using thunderbolt hard drives yet? I've got an iMac and a macbook air, and it'd be great to have a faster connection than USB while I'm on the road!

Also, I'd prefer not to spend $1,000 on one of those giant desktop drives. I do travel a lot, and am still relatively broke :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Hey Zach,

Check out this link for a description and benchmark of the Seagate GoFlex thunderbolt adapter ($99usd) with an OCZ Vertex SSD (128gb - $99usd). It's another $50 for the cable but this was the least expensive portable thunderbolt solution I could find. The only issue i've heard of is that you have to be fairly conscious to maintain the dock connection, but that seems obvious to me. Just to say, I haven't actually purchased yet as I won't be traveling substantially until next summer and will wait for ssd prices to drop even further. Also, I personally wouldn't bother paying more for a thunderbolt connection on a 7200rpm external drive as the bottleneck will be the speed of the drive long before the connection. For thunderbolt (or usb 3.0 or esata) ssd really makes sense. Hope this is helpful.

Good luck!

http://cheesycam.com/seagate-goflex-thunderbolt-adapter-docks/