Microphones...

craigbuckley

Just wanted to say thanks again for all your guys help and advice on choosing my video products. I have been on other websites where people are so harsh and won't even answer a simple question. And I know newbies can be annoyin and I know I am one, just there is a more mature way to handle dealing with one, like the way you guys do..

Here's my microphone question:

I have the azden sgm 2x , and have only used it with my old canon camera. Now this is going to be such a newb question, but I did search all over the internet and my manual,

but where is my mic jack in? And what about headphone jack so I can listen? With my canon vixia I just plugged the shotgun mic into the mic jack and then my headphones into the headphone jack, and boom it worked. Something tells me this wont be this easy with the gh2, what do I need to do?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Hi, It won't be so easy...
GH2 don't have headphones jack and you can use only miniplugs (3.5) (2.5 with adaptor) to plug into the camera.
One of best options to get good audio directly to GH2 is videomic rode and videomic rode pro.
Later I will check another options that require to buy external recorders, etc...
Best regards.
Francisco.

P.D: GH3 improves audios , there you have headphones jack and 2.5 miniplug for microphone.