First look at the new ReWo Blackmagic Cinema Camera Cage

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[url="http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/IMG_2523.jpeg"][img]http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/IMG_2523.jpeg[/img][/url]

Here's an ingenious cage solution for the Blackmagic Cinema Camera by my neighbours in Berlin - ReWo.

Rather than a bulky cage which wraps around the entire camera, ReWo have chosen to form their cage around the mount tube. Yes finally that strange EF tube has a use! The cage provides mounting points for ReWo's wood handles via Arri rosettes, top handle, mounting points for accessories via 1/4" and 3/8" threads and a 15mm rods block.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote name='Simco123' timestamp='1348949196' post='19199']
Late October for BMC to arrive? You are an optimist :rolleyes:
They are only now expecting some shipment of sensors and havent even started manufacturing. Remember it is Australia we are talking about not China, they don't work at speed over there.
[/quote]

So you think camera is actually manufactured in Australia?

I REALLY like it, although 500€ should be the price for the EF version. I took the BMC in my hands on a presentation last week and there simply was NO WAY to hold it comfortably.
They had the Zacuto top-handle with FF setup, which balanced strangely. Sure, in a full rig, there will be not that much difference to a bigger DSLR body, but the RevoRing seems to just add the most necessary "material" without making it even more bulky.
This now looks ready to pick up and shoot, very interesting for my documentary shooting style.
But please Revo, drop the price before the Chinese copycat you again (or maybe that´s why it is a bit high in the first place...).

finally! somebody asking about the most important thing! :-)

it`s an xpal 8000 laptop backup battery -> www.xpalpower.com
rebranded it`s also available from energizer.

it`s nice and small and fits right into the rig and sits underneath the camera.

+ it has an additional 5v usb power outlet so you can charge your phone while you shoot :-)

Odd looking design, not my cup of tea, and way too expensive. I liked the look of the Wooden Camera cage, until I saw Viewfactor's "Contineo" cage, easily the nicest design I've seen so far and pretty reasonably priced. That's what I've ordered for my BMCC, now all I need is the camera....

• Administrators
I don't understand the strange comments about the aesthetics. It is striking and I suppose that divides people but I am on the side of the looks, it is beautiful. Show me your rare wood handles for your plastic DSLR made in China!!

The cage will probably not work with the shorter M43 turret? Anyhow, I can see the point of having a fixture for rails, for battery, follow focus and a mattebox, but the camera body, being a monobloc aluminum structure, is a cage in itself. There already are three 1/4 inch holes on top of the camera for handle, mic etc, and if you need side handles they can be fixed to the rails. Paying that high a price for something that already is there seems somewhat silly?