BMCC Anamorphic options?

Francisco Rios

Hi, Can anyone help me with these question?
Now we can have the option to use BMCC with M4/3 mount,isn't that right?
If that's right, can I use my anamorphic lens on BMCC? On GH2 ,with a sankor for example, I have to use at least a 50 mm lens to avoid vignette. How will be these issue with BMCC sensor?
Best regards.
Francisco.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
You will be able to use anamorphic adapters on the BMCC. Since the 2.3x crop factor is even greater than the GH2's 2x, the minimum focal length (without vignette) will be smaller. So with your Sankor, while you need a 50mm to shoot without vignette on the GH2, in theory you'd be able to get away with a 44mm lens (if such a lens were to exist) on the BMCC.

Thanks for your help Nick!
I have a moller and sometime with canon fd 50mm there's some vignette. Sometime I like these issue but not always. On the train's video was fine.
So ,with BMCC with 50 mm , There will be not vignette at all. It's like the helios 58mm with anamorphic on GH2, On these case I got no vignette.
BMCC with anamorphic will be fantastic!
Excellente news!!
Best regards!

[quote name='Francisco Ríos' timestamp='1348947730' post='19192']
And ,what about the russian Lomo???
[/quote]

I see no reason why not. Some people have raised concern about the flange distance, and the fact that the rear element moves backwards a lot when focusing (and could potentially hit the sensor). But some brave soul is going to have to try it out and report back!

[quote name='BurnetRhoades' timestamp='1348990986' post='19223']
Century Optics is easily adapted to Nikkor lenses. I get none with my 24mm Nikkor on the GH2 (With the GH2's kit 14-42mm I've been able to open it up to ~18mm without vignetting).
[/quote]

people need to factor in the century and optex adaptors a lot more seriously now the bmcc is coming. smaller sensor is key to really good results with these lenses. you can go 28mm with apsc and no vignette and very usable results. so with 2.3x crop you get the slightly soft edges at this width sliced away and make use of the best part of the frame. I imagine a 35mm f2 taking lens with the bmcc and century would be a very good match. 55mm in full frame terms, f2 for speed and shallow dof. with the tokina +0.4 you can focus from 11 inches to infinity from f5/6 and up. or at f2.8 you can get focus from 1mtr to infinity. pretty good for an all in one lightweight little setup with a single focus ring.

A lens hitting the sensor? That is just silly. A lens is designed to be a very exact distance from the image plane, and any correct adapter will keep it at that distance. Since it is designed to be that distance from the sensor . . . only a lens DESIGNED to hit the sensor would be able to do so, and nobody designs lenses to do this (ultimate photographer troll, anyone?)

[quote name='Caleb Genheimer' timestamp='1349131839' post='19294']
A lens hitting the sensor? That is just silly. A lens is designed to be a very exact distance from the image plane, and any correct adapter will keep it at that distance. Since it is designed to be that distance from the sensor . . . only a lens DESIGNED to hit the sensor would be able to do so, and nobody designs lenses to do this (ultimate photographer troll, anyone?)
[/quote]

I think we have a volunteer.