Panasonic GH3 hands-on report

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I havent made a study about it, but usually I've found aliasing (even if very little) in the GH2 when using electronic Panny lenses, but never when using analog lenses.
That's maybe why there was aliasing in the market shots (made using the 12-25mm f2.8) from the first video but there's none in that sinlgle shot of the Louvre pyramid (I know the camera doesn't move, but you'd still see it).

Still, if you take a look at the 1080p version of the first video, in the cat playing shots, there's a lot of detail.

[quote name='charlie_orozco' timestamp='1348073233' post='18605']
I havent made a study about it, but usually I've found aliasing (even if very little) in the GH2 when using electronic Panny lenses, but never when using analog lenses.
That's maybe why there was aliasing in the market shots (made using the 12-25mm f2.8) from the first video but there's none in that sinlgle shot of the Louvre pyramid (I know the camera doesn't move, but you'd still see it).

Still, if you take a look at the 1080p version of the first video, in the cat playing shots, there's a lot of detail.
[/quote]

I noticed this, in the Panny lenses, too. Thee is some noticeable aliasing and monuments having straight lines are not handled properly. I wanted to see, whether it makes any difference with the 'lenses off (/on)' feature.

[quote name='HurtinMinorKey' timestamp='1348076330' post='18609']
Hasselblad could blow the doors off everyone with medium format video. Plus, they don't have an existing v-cam market to protect.
[/quote]

I would love to see it. I read something about a Hasselblad-Sony partnership that would result in Hasselblad's first(?) full frame camera. I don't know why Sony would do this considering that it could challenge their A99, but the schematics are out there.

[url="http://www.eoshd.com/comments/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=18606"][img]http://www.eoshd.com/comments/public/style_images/master/snapback.png[/img][/url]QuickHitRecord, on 19 September 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:
Hasselblad's model is a bit scary.

[quote name='HurtinMinorKey' timestamp='1348076330' post='18609']
Hasselblad could blow the doors off everyone with medium format video. Plus, they don't have an existing v-cam market to protect.
[/quote]

That one completely went over your head :rolleyes:

A few Q's i have and am looking for as the cam becomes available and tested.

1) Is the Low-Light ISO ability now more comparable to MkIII?
2) Is the Stills-quality/ability on par with OM-D? If not, how close? Stills comparisons to MkIII/MkII as well.
3) What areas of the cam are hackable?

Will be looking forward to learning about these.
I love the body and pro-quality cosmetics of the GH3. Very nice.
The release of the GH3>release of MkIII. Better newer product from previous version. Thank You for 1080/60!
Not considering the BMCC till v2.0. I think the GH3 is more up my alley but i am also leaning on waiting
till there is a price-drop. Still very happy with hacked GH2. Can you convince me to 'not wait'? :)

[quote name='sanveer' timestamp='1348074461' post='18608']
I noticed this, in the Panny lenses, too. Thee is some noticeable aliasing and monuments having straight lines are not handled properly. I wanted to see, whether it makes any difference with the 'lenses off (/on)' feature.
[/quote]

It's possible that aliasing may actually be related to a bug in the electronic lens correction used to adjust for distortion in lumix lenses.

[quote name='MaxAperture Films' timestamp='1348096462' post='18641']
It's possible that aliasing may actually be related to a bug in the electronic lens correction used to adjust for distortion in lumix lenses.
[/quote]

I feel the same. I think, its got to do with the chromatic aberration correction (the 'lens on' feature), and maybe, even the OIS. Will do a series of tests, and, then, perhaps, figure this out.

[quote name='QuickHitRecord' timestamp='1348073419' post='18606']
More Pocahontas (at the end):

[media]http://vimeo.com/49758145[/media]

[/quote]

Look how bloody ridiculously awkward that bmc camera looks on the vimeo still image. almost as ridiculous as when you see a bloke taking family pictures on the beach with his ipad.