The Panasonic GH3 is here

Andrew Reid

[quote name='Axel' timestamp='1348066436' post='18592']
and is lured into the delusion that his grading skills will top those of the top engineers. It sounds promising for people who believe that by being more flexible in grading they will get a special kick.

[/quote]

I respectfully call [b]"[/b][b]BULLSHIT!"[/b] sir. BMC footage has been the easiest thing I've ever graded. Including DSLR stuff. It's riduculously simple to work with in Adobe Camera Raw.

If that scares you, use ProRes.... it's still better than 8 bit video.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote name='OzNimbus' timestamp='1348864952' post='19151']

[/quote]

Don't understand why companies are still doing 8 bit. I guess it must be the fear of back orders, or the apocalypse of skater/cat videos
that would ensue. No one would have an excuse to pixel peep anymore...They'd have to get off the computer. They could buy a GH3 with a Hyperdeck for a couple grand, and have 10 bit, 4:4:4, or even 4:2:2 out of the cam uncomp'd. Might not be raw, but I agree it's a damn site better than 8 bit... Which isn't terrible I guess, until you A/B it to a 16 bit file in AE and see how much more information is there to fill in the shadows from dark to light. For those of us who don't have NASA mainframes, and don't want to spend all of our time gamma fixing in Premiere Pro to 16-235, then converting in 5DtoRGB 4:4:4, it'd be nice to have that info from the get-go...

What is Panasonic protecting? If I recall, an old interview at NAB regarding the GH3 was stated that "We're tired of playing second-fiddle to everyone else." Which to me translates to "Hey, no more AF line right now. No more Hacks. We have nothing left to protect, so balls to the wall."

Still.. I'm probably just being a cynical asshole, because honestly, there's no footage out there hardly to give it a fair shot.

Bring on the Cat vids!

[quote name='OzNimbus' timestamp='1348864952' post='19151']
I respectfully call [b]"[/b][b]BULLSHIT!"[/b] sir. BMC footage has been the easiest thing I've ever graded. Including DSLR stuff. It's riduculously simple to work with in Adobe Camera Raw.

[/quote]

Well answered.