Follow my live Panasonic GH3 and Canon 6D updates from Photokina today

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
I will be travelling to Cologne in the morning for Photokina 2012.

[url="http://twitter.com/EOSHD"]Follow the EOSHD Twitter account for updates[/url]

[url="http://www.eoshd.com/content/8991/follow-my-live-panasonic-gh3-and-canon-6d-updates-from-photokina-today"]Read the full story here[/url]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Andrew, when I try to follow you on twitter, I get this message: You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.
So I guess no twitter updates for me... :/
Btw, my twitter account is @tunggah if you'd care to follow me so I could try to follow you back...
Thanks!

[quote name='TC' timestamp='1347852461' post='18290']
6D is official. Anyone find it suspicious that, after all these years, both Canon and Nikon release a budget full frame model within a few weeks of each other?
[/quote]

what exactly would be suspicious about it?

China/Japan spat over island threatens Panasonic and other Japanese companies
[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19620114"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19620114[/url]

Worst still is the potential rare earth shipment to Japan or elsewhere for Japanese companies being suspended.

[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif][size=3]"I will have my hands on them"[/size][/font][/color][list=1]
[*][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif][size=3]Please insert your own SD card.[/size][/font][/color]

[*][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif][size=3]Take a video shots [/size][/font][/color]

[*][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif][size=3]take back your card.[/size][/font][/color]
[/list]

• Administrators
[quote name='Zach' timestamp='1347853648' post='18292']
what exactly would be suspicious about it?
[/quote]

Canon and Nikon are supposed to be separate companies. Everyone who knows about their cameras as they are being planned or developed are under an NDA. As far as I know, a company doesn't make a massive product decision based on rumours or whispers so if a Nikon guy came to a Canon guy in a Tokyo pub and said "hey we're making a cut price full frame DSLR!" I don't think Canon would suddenly create a 6D.

But it could just be a coincidence. They are matching each other at every step. It seems the D800 caught Canon unawares in the high megapixel territories - they don't have an answer to that yet.

• Administrators
[quote name='Chrad' timestamp='1347860864' post='18295']
Probably just run of the mill mild corporate espionage. There's no way that in this day and age Canon and Nikon would be able to hide such major projects from each other.
[/quote]

If it is 'mild' espionage in terms of solid evidence that one of the companies is producing a certain kind of product, then yes.

• Administrators
[quote name='nigelbb' timestamp='1347870717' post='18304']
I suspect that Nikon & Canon just got the same answers from the extensive marketing research & focus groups that these vast corporations use to find out what consumers really want.
[/quote]

Or hire a Steve Jobs. Much better.

I know about the upconing battery pack. Great. BUT is there any idea of a DC IN jack for AC/DC power?
It's hard to believe Panasonic has come this far in video, without providing access to external power.
I mean, with unlimited video capture, I'd hate to be chaning battery packs or grips in the middle of a job.