Ways to Sharpen Anamorphic Video Footage

roccoforte

I have a Bolex Anamorphot 8/19/1.5 in front of a Canon 50mm 1.4 on a T2i. I can find an OK focus in good lighting conditions about 2-3 feet from subject, but under closer inspection it's always a little soft.

What are my options for sharpening? I've been looking at diopters (close up lenses) on Amazon and they're pretty cheap for a set of four, but what are the reliable brands? I'm already going through two lenses, and I don;t want to screw everything up by having poor quality diopter.

So any help there is appreciated, or any other suggestions... THANKS

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
you must check focus on both lens if you have and it is still soft.

your anamorphic lens is to blame
buying bad china close up will do nothing.
that german moller lens should be sharp.
you need to return it.
sell it or get it serviced.
spending more money on junk to go in front will not help you
find the man that sold you the moller lens and kill him slow.
film it on your soft lens make sure orientation is correct and unsqueeze footage in edit

[quote name='roccoforte' timestamp='1347656765' post='18059']
I have a Bolex Anamorphot 8/19/1.5 in front of a Canon 50mm 1.4 on a T2i. I can find an OK focus in good lighting conditions about 2-3 feet from subject, but under closer inspection it's always a little soft.

What are my options for sharpening? I've been looking at diopters (close up lenses) on Amazon and they're pretty cheap for a set of four, but what are the reliable brands? I'm already going through two lenses, and I don;t want to screw everything up by having poor quality diopter.

So any help there is appreciated, or any other suggestions... THANKS
[/quote]

Can you post a screen grab?

[quote name='QuickHitRecord' timestamp='1347758615' post='18183']
In terms of anamorphic lenses, it looks really good. I wouldn't call this lens soft at all.
[/quote] GREAT! I'm stoked to hear that. I'm new to this and had some problems before, but I think that was all down to me sucking at focussing the two lenses...