NEW BLACKMAGIC MFT VERSION AT IBC!!!

XXX

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1347119858' post='17604']
No. There IS a pre-order allocation program.
[/quote]

Well aware of that and people are switching, some will stay because they want to get their hands on the BMC earlier regardless of lens limitation. As soon as the MFT version arrives people will be ditching their EF version at a discount in droves and it will be in less of a demand.

• Administrators
The parts are coming in slower than expected. To ship a grand total of 8 cameras to the USA after over a month of production at the factory has me a little worried at [i]how[/i] slow! Yes I agree that [i]part[/i] of the reason for the mount change is to shift some pre-orders and expectations to 2013. Notice that 31st of December is mentioned as the earliest possible shipping date - so essentially it is a 2013 camera now for the MTF version, and I'm expecting demand to outstrip supply of the EF version until the end of 2012. They are like gold dust!

[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1347148942' post='17623']
The parts are coming in slower than expected. To ship a grand total of 8 cameras to the USA after over a month of production at the factory has me a little worried at [i]how[/i] slow! Yes I agree that [i]part[/i] of the reason for the mount change is to shift some pre-orders and expectations to 2013. Notice that 31st of December is mentioned as the earliest possible shipping date - so essentially it is a 2013 camera now for the MTF version, and I'm expecting demand to outstrip supply of the EF version until the end of 2012. They are like gold dust!
[/quote]

BMD mistake was using EF mount because they thought they would capitalise on the 5DII market but overlooked the advantages of MFT. The part shortage story I don't believe, more likely they want to commit to MFT and the delay is a way of weaning customers away from the EF version by offering the chance to switch.
Since the MFT version was announced there are plenty of buyers remorse from those who ordered the EF version. Don't kid yourself by sticking to EF by being an early adopter while being handicapped by lens limitation and early firmware only to regret it later. Many will be dumping their EF once MFT arrives. Even those who decide to stick with the EF admit that if they had a choice between MFT and EF when they place their pre orders the majority would have chose MFT.

I understand you have deep pockets and are not bothered about buying another BMC with MFT mount, not many would have forked out a 5DIII just to shoot video and disassemble the filter? The irony is for you and others who stays with BMC EF pre orders is it is you guys who will ended up waiting upto 6 months to get your MFT version and don't expect to make any profit when selling your BMC EF because plenty of second hand ones will be on the market and new customers will only want MFT.

[quote name='EOSHD']They are like gold dust!
[/quote]

Like when you were a brave christian believer, who suffered all his life, passed through the gates of heaven [i]finally[/i] and found it to look like purgatory. They tell you, yeah, it's being renovated, under construction for quite a while now, does anybody remember how it looked before? Just wait, just a little while longer and it will be, well, [i]okay ...[/i]

[quote name='Simco123']Even those who decide to stick with the EF admit that if they had a choice between MFT and EF when they place their pre orders the majority would have chose MFT.
[/quote]

Is MFT hip or hype? Seems people see MFT mostly as a chance to adapt other mounts. The GH3 and the BMCC of summer 2013 could share a new acronym: EVIM (Electronic viewfinder with interchangeable mounts).

Joking ...