NEW BLACKMAGIC MFT VERSION AT IBC!!!

XXX

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On the other hand: Are the options with MFT sooo much better?

Do the MFT lenses (the ones that allow manual control of aperture and need not be camera-software-corrected for distortion) for wideangle (12 mm equal 31 mmm related to FF) really top Tokina 11-16 or Sigma 8-16? The 7-14 cannot be used, the SLR magic is not perfect, the Nokton 17,5 equals a 45 mm and is wide no longer.

[quote name='Axel' timestamp='1347014162' post='17523']
On the other hand: Are the options with MFT sooo much better?

Do the MFT lenses (the ones that allow manual control of aperture and need not be camera-software-corrected for distortion) for wideangle (12 mm equal 31 mmm related to FF) really top Tokina 11-16 or Sigma 8-16? The 7-14 cannot be used, the SLR magic is not perfect, the Nokton 17,5 equals a 45 mm and is wide no longer.
[/quote]

Then buy the Nikon 11-16mm with an adaptor. Problem solved.
Only now you can use the M43 manuals [i]as well. [/i]And there's no wide lenses at such high speeds on the EF Mount.

[quote name='Axel' timestamp='1347014162' post='17523']
The Nokton 17,5 equals a 45 mm and is wide no longer.
[/quote]

But it's still very bright and will give small DOF. There is no such option for EF.

With MFT-mount you can use C-mount glass with an adapter. Not everything will cover the sensor, but it just opens up a lot of cheap options.

It seems a lot of GH2 shooters here are interested in the BMC, now they don't have to invest in new glass.

I just got an email today. I was looking at it and had to re-read the first line a few times. "What? Micro 4/3... really?" This is really great news! But, there just had to be a catch didn't there. Passive lens options on Micro 4/3 is a bit limiting. But what can you do? I think this is really all about adapting lens mounts and in that respect, it's a much better option. All those people who were asking for a PL mount will be happy about this. Oh, and C-mount lenses! ;-)

It funny because it has always seemed to me that Blackmagic have been trying to emulate Apple's style. With the design of their website to the design of the products. Now it's almost like they are emulating the famous caveats in so many Apple product releases. Like when the iPhone came out it was amazing an dazzled us all but was missing things like 3G and MMS. Some people have even speculated that these deficiencies were planned as a way to be able to offer improvement latter down the road and get people to continue buying new ones. I don't know about that but I guess it makes sense. At any rate, it keeps things interesting.

One thing I noticed that While looking at the image of the BMCC-MFT (oh the acronyms!) is that there is now what looks to be a removable flange around the lens mount that wasn't there before. That might indicate even more Blackmagic mounting options in the future.

[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1347035777' post='17544']
However you'd be well advised to keep hold of the EF until the MTF ships, and sell it in my view. You might even make 150% of your money back since demand far outstrips supply.
[/quote]

Not sure the demand for the EF mount version will be that huge anymore...

The MFT mount is great news, but feels rushed, it's obviously not there for MFT lenses, but for its adaptability to other mounts, still it's a shame it won't be able to power IS lenses or electronically controlled apertures. I'd rather see a version of the camera with replaceable mounts and pay more for a specific mount as long as it is fully supported.

[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1347035777' post='17544']
There's a pre-order re-allocation program.

However you'd be well advised to keep hold of the EF until the MTF ships, and sell it in my view. You might even make 150% of your money back since demand far outstrips supply.
[/quote]

Unlikely. This is because people will be less willing to buy the EF mount version and you be lucky to get your money back, most likely at a lost. The MFT announcement changed the whole landscape.