Lumix G Vario 12-35mm + Anamorphic

QuickHitRecord

This lens does not have the focal length to be used with most of the anamorphic lenses floating around eBay. It would probably work on the LA7200 or maybe the Century, but that's about it. However, the upcoming 35-100mm would probably work. And then you'd have a fast, image-stabilized micro four thirds lens to use with your anamorphic.

In anticipation for this lens, I tried holding my Iscomorphot in front of the 12-35mm to see if it would flare. It doesn't (or it didn't in my test) and I think that it's unlikely that the 35-100mm will flare either.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

question for la 7200 users..

is everybody using 2 step rings for connection of anamorphic to taking lens?

which in theory must be creating extra distance between the anamorphic and camera lens and thus adding to vignetting issues when using wider angle optics  yes no?

I use a XX-72mm (mostly 52-72), and a 72mm UV, because the la7200 thread is sort of short/hard to reach.

But when the taking lens has a larger filter diameter, I use just one ring. On the Canon 16-35mm, for example, 82mm thread, just a 82-72mm ring.

On a T2i, it goes all the way to 16 without vignetting, on the 5D, black borders start to show at 28mm.