GH3 with timecode, XLR, peaking, OLED viewfinder and magnesium alloy body

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
it does look nice.
I still need to know how wide that "wide dynamic range sensor" really is.
And most importantly if the new all-i 72mbps gets rid of the flashing macro blocking of the gh2 that I just don't want to see anymore.

The thing is, the bmcc now getting a m4/3 mount, and not being much more expensive than the gh3 with a lot more to offer, the gh3 is not as appealing as before.

But I cannot stand companies like bmcc that don't hold up to their promises and sell you something they don't deliver.

I'll wait to find out more about the gh3 and I will follow black magic and how bad the delivery delays really are and I will make up my mind.

[quote name='KarimNassar' timestamp='1347614820' post='17964']
it does look nice.
I still need to know how wide that "wide dynamic range sensor" really is.
And most importantly if the new all-i 72mbps gets rid of the flashing macro blocking of the gh2 that I just don't want to see anymore.

The thing is, the bmcc now getting a m4/3 mount, and not being much more expensive than the gh3 with a lot more to offer, the gh3 is not as appealing as before.

But I cannot stand companies like bmcc that don't hold up to their promises and sell you something they don't deliver.

I'll wait to find out more about the gh3 and I will follow black magic and how bad the delivery delays really are and I will make up my mind.
[/quote]

You understand that when the GH2 first came out you couldn't get it anywhere for over 3 months. Announced in September 2010, it wasn't until March 2011 that there were significant quantities in the US. Only people in Japan and asia were able to get them in 2010. So you can harp on Black Magic all you want, but Panasonic had significant problems supplying anything M43. This includes their awesome pancake lenses, Leica 25mm, batteries... the list goes on. I hope that Panasonic gets their ass in gear and produces mass quantities of the GH3, otherwise it could be well into 2013 until we even see any in the US.

The 30 minute recording limit is a business decision made by Panasonic to avoid paying the 4.9% European import duty on camcorders. It makes precious little difference to the retail price but as in common with all the other DSLRs & SLTs the vast majority of the sales will to people for whom video is either not a consideration or of minimal interest Panasonic prefer to have the price slightly lower.

[quote name='nahua' timestamp='1347623289' post='17971']
You understand that when the GH2 first came out you couldn't get it anywhere for over 3 months. Announced in September 2010, it wasn't until March 2011 that there were significant quantities in the US. Only people in Japan and asia were able to get them in 2010. So you can harp on Black Magic all you want, but Panasonic had significant problems supplying anything M43. This includes their awesome pancake lenses, Leica 25mm, batteries... the list goes on. I hope that Panasonic gets their ass in gear and produces mass quantities of the GH3, otherwise it could be well into 2013 until we even see any in the US.
[/quote]

I did not know about the gh2 delays as I bought mine recently.

Sadly it seems to be the trend regardless of the company but that does not mean it is any less unacceptable.
Preorder our product that we say we ship in January, but wait actually it will be shipped in march, and by the way when we say we will ship it in march we mean we will ship 50 units for the whole world...
Can't believe this happens so much...that's just bullshit

Karim: I know what you mean. But it's typical of companies. Look at Canon and Nikon - took months for stores to have adequate stock of the 5dmkIII and D800. Even the 1DX only recently got into people's hands, and it was announced last year! Then again shows like Photokina and NAB are there to show future products, but we never know when the products would actually hit shelves.