Bolex 16/32/1.5x Test Footage

itimjim

Thought I'd share, as everyone in here is obviously keen on amateur anamorphic shooting.

[url="https://vimeo.com/48683270"]https://vimeo.com/48683270[/url]

Bit of a test of a new camera setting profile and lens combination, documenting a day trip out to Chatsworth House. Forgot my monopod, so it's shaky city I'm afraid. Combo would work well with a stabiliser, if not a bit heavy.

No grading at all. This is directly out of camera, edited in PP CS6, 1.5x interpretation, export to h264 HD 1080p/24 profile.

Camera: Panansonic GH2
Settings: Cluster v7 'Apocalypse Now' - 6 GOP Nebula with cbrandin/driftwood '444 Sharp2' matrix
Film Profile: Smooth -2,-2,-2,-2
Lens: Tokina AT-X 280 AF PRO 28-80/2.8
Filter: Hoya Pro 1 Digital CPL
Anamorphic: Moller Bolex 16/32/1.5x
Aim was to try and stress the new Driftwood settings out and see how the Tokina 28-80 and Bolex 16/32/1.5x behaved.

Settings:
Looks very good to me. Tonnes of detail in difficult conditions. Was a very bright day with big bright blue skies. Gradation in the blues is nice. Motion rendering looks superb in my eye, especially with my non-stabilised shaky cam.

Lens Combo:
Using the CPL introduced vignetting at 28mm on the Tokina, so I was stuck with about 35mm onwards. Needs a mattebox at the wider end, or a filter clamp and bigger CPL. I can't speak highly enough of the performance of the Bolex 16/32/1.5x. Can bloom when overexposed, but some of the internal reflections on my crappy mFT to Nikon G adapter. I need the Novoflex to be sure.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs