Our Favorite Morph movies...

richg101

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Very nice, Rich. It doesn't get much more cinematic than that. The flip of the actress's hair to bring color to the scene was a wonderful transition. I feel like the anamorphic look is better suited for shots of timeless subjects (i.e. no iPhones!) and this is certainly timeless.

Also shot with a Red and Lomos, I offer:

https://vimeo.com/13422656

It's films like these that make me glad that I am lucky enough to have a pair (of Lomos).

no disrespect guys but that revlon clip is odd and stan says it is a pretend film clip fake and rather rotten.
he does not believe it is even scope and states it is as real as the dirt and scratch film marks put in by a bland digital post guy.
it does not look like film,like real scope has no redeeming features not even the girls.
stan says he believes that the clip is not cinema but bad girl location digital actuality.
a rough old eyes wide shut party for the croatian mafia with kubrick nowhere to be seen.

real anamorphic glass and actual analogue 35 film stock even in bad light it is just so natural.
so lovely
so sexy and cinematic.

stan says he wants to hang out with the living hot hot h&m girls in asia.
rather than the revlon digital vampire dead.
the revlon masonic stiffs of the cote d'azur,italy or croatia are as nothing to the living breathing hotness of stan's future wife Daria Werbowy.
by hook or crook or just old fashion kidnap stan will get his girl.

[b] [/b]

[url="https://vimeo.com/13863937"]https://vimeo.com/13863937[/url]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tony posted a reference elsewhere to some classic TohoScope films that were indeed beautiful.  Some of these are viewable on HULU as part of the Criterion Collection (Jigoku and Kwaidan in particular).  Today I got my copy of the Sonny Chiba collection and finally able to see one of my favorites from when I was a kid, in full ToeiScope glory:  Ninja Wars (1982, aka Death of a Ninja)

Don't let the name fool you, it's really not as silly as it sounds.  There's ninjas and samurai, devil monks and sorcerers.  There's even an appearance by the legendary character Hitori Hanzo, which I didn't remember or connect to this film when I saw Kill Bill. It also seems possibly influential on the Ninja Scroll anime series, if not influenced by similar source material.

There's some really nice cinematography in here, both location-based and beautiful sets in shrines and traditional Japanese palace grounds.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmkxG7D10U

...the Amazon streaming version is the same dreadful pan-n-scan dub that I remember as a kid, and looks like it was digitized off an old 1/2" copy no better than the bootleg of the entire film you can also find on youtube.  In this trailer at least you can see the potential I always felt from the photography and finally was able to see.  As far as I've been able to find this Sonny Chiba disc is the only way, currently, to get ahold of this film in full scope save a Japanese-only disc that might be out there.