Panasonic AG-LA7200 diopter mounting solution

QuickHitRecord

I did mention this in another thread, but I think that it probably deserves its own topic.

For those of you trying to mount diopters on LA7200 anamorphic lenses, this is what I have been doing (see pictures).

The binding product is called Dual Lock. It is similar to velcro but is adhesive-sided and creates a stronger bond. I never have to worry about my diopters slipping off. It works well with inexpensive Cokin-P diopters as pictured. With a GH2, I can shoot with the Voigtlander Nokton and the LA7200 with only slight vignetting. So 30mm and up should be vignette free.

It's a very simple concept but I haven't seen anyone else using it and it took me a while to figure it out. I hope that others find it useful.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Hello, I'm a little doubt arises, The Cokin Close Up +1 A101 are too small right? And these ( http://www.ebay.es/itm/KOOD-P-Series-Close-Up-1-Macro-Filter-Fits-Cokin-/200608019419?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item2eb52b73db ) are well-adjusted? Regards

[quote name='Inean' timestamp='1346670037' post='17214']
Hello, I'm a little doubt arises, The Cokin Close Up +1 A101 are too small right? And these ( [url="http://www.ebay.es/itm/KOOD-P-Series-Close-Up-1-Macro-Filter-Fits-Cokin-/200608019419?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item2eb52b73db"]http://www.ebay.es/i...=item2eb52b73db[/url] ) are well-adjusted? Regards
[/quote]

I have never used with a Cokin A-series filter, only P-series. The item in your link seems like it would work since it seems to be P-series size.

[quote name='KarimNassar' timestamp='1346690501' post='17226']
interesting setup thanks for sharing
would matte box that hold filters be an option too?
or would the filter be too far away from the lens
[/quote]

I suppose it's possible, but the LA7200 already has sort of a matte-box shape, so it might be tricky to get the filters close to the front glass. Also, do they even make square close up filters?

Mark at EyePatch films did a YouTube tutorial about using a Cinetactics Anamorphic Matteblox a while back. I've tried it out and I much prefer the solution above -- it is much cheaper and you can get the diopter closer to the glass.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='QuickHitRecord' timestamp='1346208911' post='16762']
I did mention this in another thread, but I think that it probably deserves its own topic.

For those of you trying to mount diopters on LA7200 anamorphic lenses, this is what I have been doing (see pictures).

The binding product is called Dual Lock. It is similar to velcro but is adhesive-sided and creates a stronger bond. I never have to worry about my diopters slipping off. It works well with inexpensive Cokin-P diopters as pictured. With a GH2, I can shoot with the Voigtlander Nokton and the LA7200 with only slight vignetting. So 30mm and up should be vignette free.

It's a very simple concept but I haven't seen anyone else using it and it took me a while to figure it out. I hope that others find it useful.
[/quote]

thats a good way, how i did mine was put a line of velcro on the bottom and top so the Cokin - P slips inside and closer to the glass

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kTPqA5IlZfe0VB7N6SSb1KjKDr6JWONYHajEI3h9fEM?feat=directlink

will show some pics soon

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...