5D Mark III or Blackmagic Cinema Camera?

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Not sure why people are intimidated by the RAW. It's just easier and faster to grade in the proper software (Resolve runs smoothly on my not so beefy computer) - you just need a proper gfx card. I just hope Adobe Premiere will hopefully catch up soon to their own DNG format.

Also after your project is done just batch convert the archived files to Cineform RAW and you've saved some space. Easy peasy...

It is daft to do a close up at 20mm on a crop sensor.

I wonder why you say that... There's plenty of films (at all budgets) that used 17mm and 20mm lenses for most close ups on Super 35mm and they look great. There's even more extreme examples of course, but those were used to achieve a certain look/effect.
As you can imagine though, they weren't using Canon still lenses...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The 5D Mark III has a hand grip, but anyone who shoots handheld video using this is an idiot because it just looks dreadful.

I don't understand that. Of course gears are there to help us to stabilize, but being "an idiot" in case someone shoots handheld seems a bit harsh to me.