This is what Anamophic is all about:-

richg101

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote name='QuickHitRecord' timestamp='1345489015' post='16090'] I like this more than anything that I have seen from the Iscorama 36. Thanks for the share.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. It is simply the best dslr+'non modern cinema standard' anamorphic footage I have seen. If anything some of the nicest footage I have seen from the huge vimeo archive. And certainly the best 'test footage' of anamorphic out there.

"Isco 54 attached to the Canon 50mm F1.4" (on a 7D possibly @ f/2.8) "Filmed at 1080 30p and slowed down to 24 in post. Grading was done in Photoshop CS4."

Would the 'shot at 30p and slowed to 24p have much impact on the overall result? How would Photoshop be used as far as ''grading' is concerned?

[i]still learning....appreciate the discussion, thanks for uploading the link to the clip.[/i]

You can import up to 15 seconds of jpegs into photoshop within the 'animation' mode. Opening up the amazing power of image post processing within photoshop. far superior to most other grading techniques. the rgb curves in photoshop seems nicer to use than those in premiere.

the change from 30p to 24p will have a slight smoothing result to the footage without making it look very 'slow-mo'. it adds a degree of weight to some types of footage. Check out footage from the OM-D, shot at 30p and changed to 24p. when you add the amazing image stabilisation into the equation the footage looks really amazing.