Looking for Iscorama 36 (or similar)

bluesteel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 months later...
[quote name='Bioskop.Inc' timestamp='1351618868' post='20637']
Have you seen the Anamorphic thread on Cinema5D - you get to witness the prices going up & up & up from about 200-500 right up to todays prices.
[/quote]

That is a MONSTER thread. I have gotten a lot of good information from it.

I think that the price bubble will burst in the next two years when SLR Magic releases their anamorphic lens.

[quote name='QuickHitRecord' timestamp='1351621546' post='20648']
That is a MONSTER thread. I have gotten a lot of good information from it.

I think that the price bubble will burst in the next two years when SLR Magic releases their anamorphic lens.
[/quote]

wow such faith in a china cctv rehouse outfit.
that company has not had an original thought yet.
the noctor lens they sell is a japanese cctv lens from goyo optical with a m/43 mount instead of c most of the wide stuff they make is cctv lens with wide angle attachments built in.
the chinese would make life and quality easier if they just purchased some of the great companies still going in japan.
one of the slr guys wanted to buy an isco from me and as he had paid 400 for a kowa thought i might part with an isco for 800 i assume they did not want to spend 4000 dollars on a lens they needed to destroy to copy : )
an iscorama can be used on movie cameras that arri and sony have not even made yet with amazing results no matter what size sensor.
an iscorama was never a cheap lens 1400 sterling in the late 1980s for an iscorama 54.
when you consider the best nizo and canon super 8 cameras at the time cost 300-400 that is a big price to pay for an optic for your home movie camera.
the ebay isco price drop was simply because the super 8 shooters stopped shooting and went to mini dv.
the upward price move because of a director putting an isco 36 on his 5d
slr magic will not get near a moller or an iscorama unless they use some amazing optic wizz and really improve build quality of existing products.