Blackmagic Cinema Camera shipping delayed

Andrew Reid

i'm a brazilian filmmaker... them sorry about my poor english writing... should be better to express myself in portuguese or even french or spanish... but let me try in english...

in what world do the BMC lives???
a delay like that, without any early announcement ( and a previous contract with this possibility ), here in Brazil would place BMC in a serious legal problems...

a pre order... a pay in advance is not a donation! it is a commitment!!!

this is not about money... this is about men talk!!!

BM said something, did put the date, and we believed !

i tell you... my agenda was made based under BM dates...

i tried to talk with them... Mr Albert Chu that vanish after the first mail!

sorry guys... the marketing is not our lives...

remember that BM CEO come from selling... he is a sells man... a marketing man, and like is proved now not a company man...

am i too hard...? maybe...

but here we are old styled men... we believe in for the one of moustache agreement ...

what can we do?

we don't have access to them, we don't have a objective answers...

so let's sit and cry.. and wait...

tks and again sorry about my poor english...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i'm a brazilian filmmaker... them sorry about my poor english writing... should be better to express myself in portuguese or even french or spanish... but let me try in english...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]in what world do the BMC lives???[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]a delay like that, without any early announcement ( and a previous contract with this possibility ), here in Brazil would place BMC in a serious legal problems...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]a pre order... a pay in advance is not a donation! it is a commitment!!![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]this is not about money... this is about men talk!!![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BM said something, did put the date, and we believed ![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i tell you... my agenda was made based under BM dates...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i tried to talk with them... Mr Albert Chu that vanish after the first mail![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]sorry guys... the marketing is not our lives...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]remember that BM CEO come from selling... he is a sells man... a marketing man, and like is proved now not a company man...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]am i too hard...? maybe...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]but here we are old styled men... we believe in for the one of moustache agreement ...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]what can we do?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]we don't have access to them, we don't have a objective answers...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]so let's sit and cry.. and wait...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]tks and again sorry about my poor english...[/font][/color]

i can't remember any camera that was shipped on time , so if that was deal breaker i wouldn't own any ....
problem with BMC is that is to cheap ... if they put price of 8000$ and make PR same as redone , owners would feel as a part of elite group and they attack anybody who will say something against ....

I'm a RED EPIC owner... i think that each camera has a special purpose... i really don't think about money... RED never stablished any fixed date for release their cameras ( they had problems too !! ) the wrong way, at bottom line is: waiting for the very last day to announce the delay... do you agree?
TKS...

in time... i know that is not important to most of you, but i decided to change two Apple Color stations to DaVinci stations... this change took a lot of money in RAID external devices, New Mac Pro and other stuffs... So, l was waiting for the camera and the copies of DaVinci... we work with a short time and a lot of people... I'm still thinking that was wrong... but like i said, i respect ALL others opinions...
All forums is a road to new ideas...

TKS...

sorry to hear that ....
my friend had same problem , irony it was red one (pre mx ), it was not delay but camera wouldnt work properly and he got few clients with agreement before he got his camera ....what i learn from that is NEVER , NEVER(not even if u 100% know it will be delivered on time) use camera in payed job before u TEST them ....

the digital bolex guys are at least up front.
hello we need money to start,test and finish a camera project do you want to join us.
fine you say yes or you say no.
bm are a known brand they should not be using funds raised to finish off a product.
it is wrong if you do not mention that in pre order.
i have heard of 2 people now that have been told october if it is a 2 week delay so what.
better not to be specific methinks.
this has an impact on reputation.
having no test cameras and 0 independent guys using it cold creates doubt and is kind of unique in this day and age.
if as was stated tweaks are constant a tweak is a tweak give it to some people with the usual statement this is a prototype.

if it was a question of paperwork why not release 5 cameras so some where at least shipped on the stated date then a promise would not have been broken.

if 500 are shipped in 9 days then it will not be an issue.
and in theory users should have a nice camera who's sensor should not melt or suffer from coronal mass implosion followed by explosion : )

I wanna see some footage of this thing with some different fingerprints on it. I wanna see how bad it can look when 800, 10 second BMC "tests" of somebody's cat hit the web. I'm stoked because it shoots raw and i can afford it. Now I can say I won't but my head against the ceiling when it comes to my gear.. It won't be a gear issue anymore.

There are like, 5 more Canons coming out, a Gh3, and a full frame Sony ass kicker still this year... We only have 4 months left in 2012. There will always be something new coming to hold out for, but this one is kind of a no brainer..

I wanna see some footage of this thing with some different fingerprints on it.

absolutely my dear watson.
the very art the very nub of deductive investigations can only be enhanced by many many many fingerprints.
show me the evidence watson and i will show you a farthing or even a pound.

this sorry tale reminds me of a girl skulking in the deepest darkest midnight shadows of an alleyway down whitechapel way.
she kept saying how young how sweet perfect and lovely she was and how i was the luckiest gentlemen in london town.
only after a flash of light from a passing Hansom carriage oil lamp, did i realise to my horror that i had been french kissing a pox ridden leather faced old hag.
her cackling demonic laugh as i ran away in sheer terror still haunts to the marrow watson to this very day.

alas for us the the black magic apparatus may become as elusive and unhinged as that other foreigner professor moriarty : )

finger prints,evidence proof of life or be damned i say.

• 2 weeks later...
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Another delay then.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]According to the email I've just got off CVP[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color="#000000"][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]"...cameras are now leaving the production facility and first deliveries would have commenced, however Blackmagic Design are currently waiting for a third party license to be issued before deliveries can legally start."[/background][/color][/font][/size]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][color="#000000"]No further news was forthcoming regarding a dog eating their homework though.[/color][/font]

They've taken on a massive task here, demand is bound to have outstripped supply by many times, so they're probably making sure they can close-to cover it without any recalls etc...

Personally I didn't order one. I'll wait til I can try one out first!

Incidentally, when I used to work at a magazine and dealt with BMD they were easily some of the most friendly and down to earth people in the industry, right up to the top. The company really is motivated by bringing in great products for insanely low cost to the consumer and I don't think this product could be in the hands of a better bunch!

I'm sure all will come good, best to just be patient and get on with filming in the mean time... who knows, maybe you'll have time to shoot another short before the camera gets here, no sense waiting about!

[quote name='kitchentable' timestamp='1345025929' post='15749']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]"...cameras are now leaving the production facility and first deliveries would have commenced, however Blackmagic Design are currently waiting for a third party license to be issued before deliveries can legally start."[/background][/color][/font][/size]
[/quote]

If that's true, then that third party has quite a bit of bargaining power. My guess is that a team of lawyers from Canon and Sony showed up at the last second and said “here are 397 patents that you are infringing upon with the production of this product. Here’s our number, have a nice day!”

• Administrators
No rubber ducky yet, I think it may arrive by the end of the month still though. Latest email doesn't mention actual shipping date still, which is frustrating as I need to fly back to UK to pick mine up and plan trip around it.

It is still the licensing issue which is delaying the camera rather than any manufacturing problem.

[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1345050349' post='15767']
It is still the licensing issue which is delaying the camera rather than any manufacturing problem.
[/quote]

Which in theory could delay it indefinately. The fact that it isn't being dealt with imediately is not a good sign. In other words, the parties may be worlds apart on the licensing fee. I see no other reason to delay a product release for a licensing fee.