Blackmagic Cinema Camera shipping delayed

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[url="http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/blackmagiccinemacamera.jpg"][img]http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/blackmagiccinemacamera.jpg[/img][/url]

Today I have an update from CVP in the UK regarding the Blackmagic Cinema Camera.

The initial shipment is delayed 2 weeks and Blackmagic expect to deliver this to CVP in the 2nd week of August.

The good news is that the camera firmware has gone gold and units are under production at the factory as of now.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Expected.
But as you say, no great worry. It's nothing compared to Red's legendary delays, not to mention their ultimate failure to deliver a Scarlet anything like what was originally described.
Looking forward to the review. And on another note, hoping for a super 35mm variant in the future!
I'd pay $5000 for a RAW supporting super 35 camera with interchangeable batteries. Are the camera companies listening!?

Even two weeks maybe is too soon, i hope for a mature product is this mean 1 or 2 months more of waiting. I always believe end of July like a rushed date, this camera is not for everybody, need a good PC/Mac machine to work with those files even for run DaVinci. I don't know why, but i felt a liitle uninformed about this camera, but i really still interested.

Talked to a reseller who attended NAB about 5 weeks ago. He said to me it wouldn't be till Sept/Oct. He mentioned it is better to have people's attention and offer an earlier date even thought the date will be later. He's right so far. Perhaps a few units will trickle out in August?

down @ red hq

jim j

stacey,stacy is it is it true what i heard over the inter web about the delays delays you know the de lays.

stacy
what did you here big fella.

jim j
about those damned fools fools.
you know those crazy aussie cats that made that plastic magic toy de layed cinema camra.

stacy
sure back to bondi beach and back to the drawing board for those kangaroo rustlers.
a lickle issue involving data through put overload resulting in coronal mass ejection sensor melt.
the negative temperature coefficient that will not allow current to flow to kryptonic cryogenic cooling heat sink.
thereby latching and interrupting the device into a tripped position until the device is either manually reset or explodes.
that thing.

jim j
my head hurts and my rubber ducky is throbbing can you give me some boss man relief

At this point BMC is dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. We've seen so very few clips, that if they start selling them really soon, then one has to wonder what they are hiding: like a movie that doesn't get reviewed before its opening. The alternative is a longer delay before the general public gets their hands on it. I'm hoping for the latter.

I like what I've seen so far, but I am still very very very very suspicious.

This type of innovation is only possible with the initial revenue earned from early investors and pre orders. A lot of the manufacturing bills will have been paid off the back of the pre order revenue. Everyone pre booking will have known this and been prepared - as has been proven by comments from guys who have pre ordered.

The guys being sour won't ever order one of these anyway. -They go with the flow, worried about taking risks, while hoping the innovators fail. When it succeeds they'll change their tune. Only dead fish go with the flow!

Without the chancers and real innovative enthusiastic guys creating and backing this stuff there would be no development, no improvement, and no gains. It would just be grumpy moaners talking the talk without walking the walk.

Yeah, I expected this too. They even said last week sometime that you shouldn't expect shipment for another two weeks. So, this is just setting that in more certain terms for me. I was going to pre-order when it was announced but thought better of it once I realized that it was probably going to be another month before some of the bugs got ironed out anyway.

P.S.: I don't really understand the hostility to this camera on the RED forums. It obviously wasn't made to compete with them right? I have yet to see anyone from BMD call RED on the carpet or anything. I just find it odd. I also know that the funny bit above was really just meant to be funny but I've seen some RED fans really bashing hard on the Cinema Camera and it's not even out yet.

P.P.S: just an observation: MB, BMD, BMC, BCC, BDCC, BMDCC! OMG!! So many acronyms being used to describe this camera. ;-)

• Administrators
[quote name='kitchentable' timestamp='1343848336' post='14795']
Got the same email from CVP and I'm comfortable with the delay.

Well, I say delay but as a long time Red owner this doesn't really count as a delay.

I've know Red's announcements about the latest delay update being delayed longer than this.
[/quote]

... And all the laughable comments on RedUser about how the delay is the best news since the dawn of film?

[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1343853457' post='14799']
... And all the laughable comments on RedUser about how the delay is the best news since the dawn of film?
[/quote]

It reminds me of the Life Of Brian over there, if Jannard made an announcement telling them all to fuck off they'd be posting "How shall we fuck off, oh Lord?" within seconds.

i have a rubber ducky.
it shoots up to the surface when you put him deep under water.
he squeaks and quacks he floats and sales the bubble bath sea and makes me smile.
i could get a new improved up and coming delayed super duck but my rubber ducky does a fine job and i know he exists cos when i press his belly he goes quack.
he ain't know pool shark he is a nice old duck and he is hear now.