EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

ALL THINGS RAW! Cameras including Blackmagic and codecs like ProRes RAW and BRAW. Accessories like external recorders and workflows including raw compatible NLEs.

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your videos / ideas / stories and scripts.

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

10,182 topics in this forum

• 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  1. Zcam Sub Forum.

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
  2. The new Insta360 X cam

• 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. Damaged SD Card

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony cameras
EOSHD 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW Shooter's Guide

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JudoSurfer

• If it's a challenge to get a zoom lens long enough to see the F1 from where you live...... then I'm screwed.
    • I'm on the fence about them, and have already been asked via PM if they're allowed.  After much googling I realised that the breakup of the USSR was a complicated matter, and that as far as I can tell East Germany was a satellite state, not part of the USSR.  Wether or not this means it was or wasn't "soviet" is something my lawyers are still working on.  So far they've written to request more money for research, but they assure me that they're definitely making progress and it will be any day now. In terms of this competition, considering it's a public forum and there is basically no prize, I literally can't stop you from entering East German lenses...  However, the point was that we discover new lenses, and I'm fairly sure everyone has heard of Contax Zeiss and the like, whereas very few people would be familiar with the huge bargain that the Industar 50mm F3.5 lens is at US$20 with free worldwide shipping, so that's kind of more what this is about (new things, not the Industar 50/3.5 in particular!!). Then again, if you're looking for an excuse to buy an East German lens, then..... 😎😎😎
    • If you are looking for a single lens allrounder that can be alternative to your Olympus then adapting a Tamron 16-300mm f3.5-f6.3 might be worth thinking about. On a speed booster it becomes slightly wider on the short end (and has a lot more range on the long end obviously  ) and a few stops faster. The speed booster also brings the f6.3 long end back to f4 as well so you won't be losing out there either and can just run it as a constant f4 if you want. I've just done this quick comparison on the P4K for you between it and the Panasonic 12-60mm f2.8/f4 (which is typical of the uncorrected wide end of the native lenses) so you can see the difference in the distortion at the wide end with walls and edges. Whilst the Tamron isn't exactly distortion free either, it shows far less than the Panasonic. Also, if you go in by a fraction (17-18mm unboosted versus 16mm unboosted) then it improves quite a lot more. Size and weight wise, its a bit less than the Olympus. https://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=tamron_16-300-3p5-6p3&products=olympus_12-100_4p0_is_pro It also has pretty decent stabilisation and the big kicker of course is the price as they can readily be found used for under £250. Its not without its faults (it isn't particularly sharp at the very long end but the speed booster does alleviate that somewhat) but as a run and gun all rounder it is a decent alternative.
    • Right and uncropped 1080p Braw too - but then there's the argument that it's no longer raw video... same as uncropped 4k Braw on the 6k camera... fixing the lens distortion in camera will no longer be a raw image. I can't say it enough, I do agree with you, however I don't see BMD implementing lens profiles into this camera.
    • Maybe a firmware update with lens profiles for the most popular lenses will add that angle to the camera and make more people happy than less people. I am 100% sure that I am not alone on that.  
  • Topics