EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

ALL THINGS RAW! Cameras including Blackmagic and codecs like ProRes RAW and BRAW. Accessories like external recorders and workflows including raw compatible NLEs.

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your videos / ideas / stories and scripts.

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

10,313 topics in this forum

• 32 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. Canon 1Dx v Canon 5D3 1 2 3 4

• 62 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 45 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
  2. Microphones...

• 2 replies
  3. Olympus E-M5 Hacked?

• 1 reply
  4. 24 or 25fps on GH2?

• 3 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 9 replies
  5. Gh3 lowlight test

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 44 replies
    • 6 replies
  6. GH2 Noise problem?

• 4 replies
  7. Walking Dead. Good Read

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
  8. GH2 vs. Sony Alpha

• 12 replies
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony cameras
EOSHD 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW Shooter's Guide

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gejzaza

• SSDs come with different technologies. Some of those cheap ones will throttle with sustained writes and are NOT suitable for recording video, even if they are fine for general PC use. There is a comparison between Samsung EVO and QVO drives here: https://www.pcgamesn.com/samsung-860-qvo-review-benchmarks-qlc-ssd Basically after about 6 minutes of continuous writing, the QVO drops from 520 MB/s to 80 MB/s, which obviously is not going to be good if you are recording high bandwidth video feeds.
    • Nice, thanks. Look forward to seeing your results.Nice, thanks. Look forward to seeing your results.
    • hey guize so my brother, who does not know a computer from a hole in the wall, has been living and working happily with his macbook air for like 1000 years, but it finally broke. since it was a gift, he has no idea what mac laptops cost, and he recently had a brain aneurysm when he found out so he calls me and hes like I NEED A CHEAP LAPTOP?? and he wants to spend "a bit less" than a macbook air would cost... like half that lol. or less. i was like Ok its not gonna be apple, u kno that right? he was like What does that mean personally, i must confess that i barely kno what a chromebook is, what a pc laptop is, etc. he does web based work in chrome, some basic photo editing, stuff like that. obvs this is not a video/vfx machine, but i want him to get somethin that isnt garbage even if it is rlly cheap would u all edjumacate me on whats out there a lil bit?? idek where to start looking! ☹ my first question is are any of these chromebooky netbooky lil things EVEN worth the X hundreds of dollars that they cost, or do they just break in 3 months, are intolerably shitty, etc etc guize????? 😮🤔😙💯👍🍊
    • I prefer HLG 2 wit r709 in both the A7iii and FS5. Slightly cleaner noise floor. I shot some slog 2 test footage today with both cameras, as converting slog 2 to slog 3 (or any cineon log curve) makes it a bit easier to grade. I will post results in a bit.
    • Sorry, I know this subject has been beaten to death but has anybody had any success with SLog2 on the A7III? I’ve been bouncing between Slog2 and HLG3 but leaning more towards Slog2 with Pro color. HLG3 in 2020 is nice but weird in the green/blues. Was using SLog2 and Sgamut3.cine but I think Pro has richer colors. Just wondering how it’s been working out for others, I just think I’m still not getting the most out of this camera.
  • Topics