EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

Raw shooting cameras - URSA Mini 4.6K, BMCC, BMPCC and more

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your ideas / stories

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

8,205 topics in this forum

1. Lenses

• 2,602 replies
    • 220 replies
    • 72 replies
    • 2,594 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 254 replies
    • 176 replies
    • 89 replies
    • 36 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 20 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 67 replies
    • 132 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 260 replies
    • 6 replies
  2. BMPCC to BMMCC

• 13 replies
  3. Scary Bmd oled evf mod.

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 144 replies
  4. LG V30 HDR Camera

• 35 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 29 replies
  5. Leica SL or Canon 1DX II?

• 10 replies
    • 100 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 122 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 503 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 52 replies
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony cameras
EOSHD 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW Shooter's Guide

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anders Lilleberg

• @kidzrevil That's why I qualified my statement with the words as far as I know. But this document seems to carry some weight worldwide. Of course, guidelines are just that - guidelines; and there will always be exceptions to the rule. It must be remembered that content isn't always broadcast live (much of it is taped), so we're not concerned here with whether the TV set itself is 10-bit or 8-bit. 
    • @jonpais broadcasters never required 10 bit. If you go off of BBC standards the Canon Xc10 was considered a Tier 1 camera and it was most definitely 8bit. 10 bit displays haven’t even saturated the market and its 2017 theres no way broadcasters could require 10bit. Thats too much data to push to a coaxial cable. I agree that HDR is a step up but its not that serious. High dynamic range in the wrong hands is as much of a disaster as it was when we had SDR cameras. HDR will in fact change industry practice its not something production studios have accounted for in the past. I really still believe HDR will remain an “icing on the cake” feature for at least a couple of more years. If the demand for it increases it will become a standard but it will have to survive a couple more years in this consumer market to be a thing i.e. 3D tv
    • Likelihood of the a6500 being "replaced" in the next 6 or so months? I'm thinking about picking up an 6300 or 6500, but if an a6700 is right around the corner, should I wait? 240fps in FHD would be nice. And 4K 60fps would be fantastic
    • Even though we both know @Axel isn’t being serious, we can all probably think of one or two other technologies that, like a bolt of lightning (sorry, cliche I know!), suddenly made everything before seem outdated or at the very least, a drudge to work with. For me at least, one of those was IBIS. For example, once I started shooting with my G85, I never wanted to pick up my lowly GH4 again. But unlike IBIS, a feature still unavailable on professional cinema cameras and which most videographers have somehow managed to live without for a quarter of a century - to the best of my knowledge, long before the advent of HDR - colorists have never liked working with 8-bit files. And (afaik) most broadcasters have also required 10-bit. So in that repect at least, HDR has not really changed industry practice. To return to IBIS for a moment, I can think of at least two videographers, when moving up from mirrorless to cameras like the Ursa Mini, deplored the lack of IBIS. And I imagine the same disruption to the industry will occur once the GH6 and the Sony A7s IV boast built in ND filters.  Time to change the title of this thread to HDR on YouTube & Vimeo - next big thing? 😂 A quick tutorial for setting up Resolve 14 for HDR editing (for eventual upload to YouTube).
    • I am sure most of you have seen this already. They are going H265/10bit/HDR/8K. Actually HDR maybe is coming faster because of Apple. It took them 3 years NOT to perfectly implement H265 in their workflow, but they seem to be the front runners of HDR. My previous post stands though, I do not care, much, about HDR in 2018! https://vimeo.com/blog/post/luminous-colors-stunning-high-quality-hdr-arrived  
  • Topics