SAMSUNG NX1 / NX500 HACK

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

195 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 7 replies
  1. 4K / 2K MJPEG?

• 11 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 48 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 3 replies
  2. NX1 menu hack

• 2 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 9 replies
  3. JPEG/MJPEG vs HEVC

• 13 replies
    • 0 replies
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony cameras
EOSHD 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW Shooter's Guide

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bernardo Medina

• I think I recall some of those horizontal halos that anamorphics give, so you might be right. I guess I didn't anticipate an anamorphic lens having any circular artefacts considering that neither the bokeh or halos are circular, but I'm definitely not familiar with them.
    • they might add the locking mechanism from cine series since bmp4k is a proper cinema cam. 
    • sounds like a clever marketing ploy, they mention only the filter stack of the sensor,  new optics and compatibility only with the bmp4k. I guess somewhere, there is a room filled, with a bunch of men in little white coats they need to feed. With a new camera on the scene there is no better way of generating a new niche market than preying on peoples perceived weaknesses of a particular design. we already know that the  XL 0.64x,  0.71x   work fine on the bmp4k. Seems to me their pushing the exclusivity thing abit ( you have the best new 4k camera now go buy the best new 4k speed booster that incidentally only works on the bmp4k. because you owe it to yourself,  blah blah blah ) i have heard that some earlier bm cameras had an issue with filter stack thickness, but i would think bm would have sorted it out by now, if they hadn't, we would have heard of it by now on the forums. if the filter stack is an issue with the XL 0.64x or the ULTRA 0.71x why isn't an issue with any  lenses we attach to the front of the camera ?  (maybe my logic is flawed if i'm wrong feel free to enlighten me ) i think metabones is grasping at straws by bringing that up.  Percentage wise, how much better can it be ?  I think the bmp4k has slightly bigger sensor from the original if i remember the stats correctly (which  is where the optimized optics come in i presume ) perhaps they have added some contacts for added functionality with the bmp4k or an electronic nd filter but thats some pretty wild speculation on my part. I don't have a speed booster yet so  be interesting to see how things develop. if the new speed booster is 10%, 20% better i'll buy one. Otherwise i'll probably buy a  cheap XL 0.64x,  0.71x that's recently found its way to ebay 😉
    • Grand Tour on Amazon. I watch it more for the exotic scenery, slap dash comedy, and the really well done camera work than the cars. Although they can be interesting sometimes 😉
  • Topics