SAMSUNG NX1 / NX500 HACK

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

198 topics in this forum

• 2,211 replies
    • 538 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 143 replies
    • 76 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 50 replies
    • 120 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 48 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 30 replies
  1. NX1 Film

• 21 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 45 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 11 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 15 replies
  2. Nice NX1 Work

• 22 replies
    • 17 replies
  3. 4K / 2K MJPEG?

• 11 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 28 replies
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony cameras
EOSHD 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW Shooter's Guide

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Andor

• Yes, well, me personally more and more did this (but with luxury to choose) stuff for money  But it doesn't matter... Recently I watched again some De Sica's movies - what a richness and uncanny taste in framing with his than-a-days modest BW cameras! What perfection in evolving scripts through language of visual evocation of emotions! What a usage of perspective plans with totally absence of shallow DOF! Whole give-me-just-Alexa-color-science-and-nothing-else and flying crans mumbo-jumbo are smashed to trash in front of mind that experience, suffer and search enough and have something to convey about it... Excuse me for digression, back to the topic: De Sica, or even Dziga Vertov, had not any gimbal, but shoulders are always with us
    • There excuse was that its a stills camera, even though that doesn't even completely convince me. They should have no excuse with the GH line. I think the GH6 will have to be something really incredible. (6k 24 fps and 4k up to 120fps) with IBIS, and hopefully a new auto focus system, though I somehow doubt it. Maybe they'll put in a non handicapped Vlog as well.
    • I can tell you from experience when you start doing this stuff for money you spend one hell of a lot of nights awake. You are into a business that mostly on paper you have ONE shot at doing it. And if Anything is off by a good bit your goose is cooked no matter what you do to try and repair it, either in Post or with the Client. And there is always some talented as hell 16 year old kid down the street that is nipping at your heals. Because now they can get in pretty cheap at the start and look like a shooting star to you and your clients lol. Then it pretty much boils down to who screws up less, and has the better ideas. That is what keeps you up at night, because that is an unsustainable career path to always be better and perfect. Because now a hell of a lot more people can get into doing this stuff, and all of them can't all be stupid lol.. Just do this as a hobby, a cheap hobby and be happy, or work for someone else lol. YOU might live longer if you do.
    • Yes, but, from the other side, as pretty serious intruder from plethora of creative realms, I'm so often shocked how "shallow", one-dimensional and lacking of (time and knowledge and inner peace for) truly original perception/ideas are people strictly learned for film making... And how restricted are with their instruments, as fundamentally deprived in capability for play, for empathy, for seeing different angles and perspectives... What I deeply regret is that I saw such enormously talented men and women at vimeo, with some so deeply original ideas and concepts that are high above of resulting artistic level (or lack of it) of regular movie productions... but those talented people, being poor and outside of mainstream connection, will stay forever anonymous
    • This camera ticks almost every box for me, great ergos, IBIS, 4k60p, 10-bit, weather sealing, etc. except possibly the most crucial one - AF - but it does give me hope the a7s3 or the next Nikon will get it all right. While its a step up from the a73/a7r3 in some respects, its not enough to push me out of Sony-land. Nikon came close with the Zed 6/7, but that single card thing and its battery life are not something I'm going back to, plus the Zed's AF is still way behind Sony's. The a73/a7r3 has served me well since I shoot tons of stills for paid work and I've moved from a mostly handheld video shooter to an everyday gimbal user. I don't think I'll ever own a Panasonic until they admit DFD-defeat and add PDAF, its just so much more efficient for run-and-gun shooters. The next gen Sony sensors Andriodlad keep posting spec sheets show the new Sony sensors will leapfrog everything currently available in a big way, combine that with a new processor and an updated version of the a9/a6400 AF and you'll have the ultimate hybrid. But I'm happy to see this and the S1r - and the Nikons for that matter doing raw externally - this should push Sony to finally go 10-bit internal and up the bitrate.  Chris
  • Topics