SAMSUNG NX1 / NX500 HACK

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

198 topics in this forum

• 538 replies
    • 2,211 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 120 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  1. Settings for my Nx1

• 5 replies
    • 7 replies
  2. Nice NX1 Work

• 22 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 17 replies
  3. Remove / disable hack

• 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 7 replies
  4. NX-L

• 0 replies
  5. Hdmi cable holder

• 3 replies
    • 45 replies
  6. SD MIXPRE-3 WITH NX1?

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony cameras
EOSHD 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW Shooter's Guide

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    newduazn

• Still is absolutely MASSIVE compared to the number of DB16 owners!
    • If the final output requires high quality color fidelity then the first place to start is to use a better camera. Nothing wrong with the GH5 but it's not the best in terms of accurate colour or even 'high fidelity' colour. For a start I'd use HLG and not 'Natural' as a profile as this is a recognised gamut and gamma that can be interpreted more easily by a good NLE. If you are going to stick with the GH5 then again it just doesn't need to be that complicated - custom WB before each take.
    • ...and the people using Canon for video is a drop in the ocean of Canon photographers. ......and the people using Canon for stills is a drop in the ocean of photographers. ..........and the photography market is a drop in the ocean of the electronics market. ..............and...... ¬†ūüėāūüėāūüėā
    • @UncleBobsPhotography¬†@Shirozina¬† I think it depends on what level of lighting variety there will be between shots, the¬†tolerance the OP is willing to take in the final edit, and the level of time, skill, and software capability available for colour matching in post. I've spent a lot of time trying to match different cameras in post (made more difficult than this situation¬†because my cameras also had different colour science and were pretty bad quality cameras) and I've found that it can be really difficult to get acceptable matching, even if you half know what you're doing in grading. ¬†Obviously ND filters vary far less than entirely different cameras, but the differences I couldn't overcome were so large that they'd be completely unusable in most commercial settings, so for the OP the difference of NDs might be practically relevant. ¬†The fact they're asking about how to do a test, and that their approach is detailed and seems sound would also indicate they might be creating a higher quality product where there is less room for variations. I could be wrong of course - we all obsess over tiny little details that don't much matter in the grand scheme of things (like cameras, colour science, etc!) ūüėāūüėāūüėā
    • Throwing stones is good I can't comment on the P4K, but¬†I'm in m43 land with my GH5 and I think your summary is about right. ¬†FF lenses adapt really well for the longer focal lengths but getting fast/wide/both lenses is the challenge. In case you're not familiar with the options: Voigtlander make an excellent series of f0.95 lenses These come¬†in 10, 17.5,¬†25, and 42.5mm lengths, which are the equivalents of FF 20mm/1.9, 35mm/1.9, 50mm/1.9, and 85mm/1.9. ¬†They're gorgeous to use, and the aperture ring can be adjusted to de-click. ¬†I¬†only have experience with the 17.5mm one, which is soft at 0.95 but is almost fully crisp at f2.8 (FF f5.6 equivalent) and for some reason has a strange colour shift at 0.95 that cleans up by¬†1.4 I use the SLR Magic 8mm F4 (equivalent to a 16mm F8) that is optically good but not great, but ergonomically is a pig because it's designed for¬†drones not a human user. ¬†There is a Laowa 7.5mm f2 which is more expensive, but seems to be good optically and is designed for human use, and it popular with vloggers due to the 15mm equivalent FOV. The Sigma 18-35 f1.8 on Metabones adapter is popular and optically and ergonomically nice too, although it's heavier than the M43 lenses. In a sense, I think your criticisms aren't so much that the P4K image isn't great, but rather that the competition is actually really good.. I think we're spending more and more time¬†being overly critical and nit-picky, or making genuine and practically relevant criticisms about cameras that are outputting a level of quality but are a fraction of what equivalent cameras used to cost¬†
  • Topics