Jump to content

SHOOTING AND FOOTAGE

Sign in to follow this  

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your videos / ideas / stories and scripts.

1,249 topics in this forum

    • 4 replies
    • 1,162 views
    • 3 replies
    • 1,135 views
    • 1 reply
    • 661 views
  1. The Last Free City

    • 3 replies
    • 692 views
    • 3 replies
    • 1,110 views
    • 6 replies
    • 1,002 views
  2. Ink and Stone

    • 0 replies
    • 718 views
  3. Robber Boys - Canon 5d mark IV testing

    • 2 replies
    • 756 views
    • 0 replies
    • 863 views
    • 4 replies
    • 1,747 views
    • 2 replies
    • 721 views
    • 3 replies
    • 853 views
    • 2 replies
    • 1,234 views
    • 0 replies
    • 814 views
    • 11 replies
    • 1,273 views
    • 0 replies
    • 676 views
    • 4 replies
    • 792 views
    • 14 replies
    • 1,607 views
    • 3 replies
    • 1,317 views
    • 3 replies
    • 977 views
    • 0 replies
    • 778 views
  4. Love is Everything

    • 1 reply
    • 663 views
    • 4 replies
    • 800 views
    • 1 reply
    • 955 views
    • 0 replies
    • 918 views
    • 7 replies
    • 909 views
    • 6 replies
    • 795 views
  5. Mantra Mania

    • 5 replies
    • 952 views
  6. 5D III RAW Japan video

    • 8 replies
    • 1,110 views
  7. Something fun to do

    • 8 replies
    • 831 views
    • 4 replies
    • 806 views
    • 1 reply
    • 953 views
    • 0 replies
    • 584 views
    • 6 replies
    • 900 views
  8. Dear President Trump

    • 8 replies
    • 1,312 views
Sign in to follow this  
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony cameras
EOSHD 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW Shooter's Guide


  • Popular Contributors

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      15,457
    • Total Posts
      270,040
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      29,664
    • Most Online
      19,591

    Newest Member
    PaoloP
    Joined
  • Posts

    • Yeah, I find that it's either you pay a premium to Apple to make all your decisions for you, or you pay the normal amount to someone else and then you can do (almost) whatever you want but the catch is that you need to learn how everything works first.  I was a computer technician for about a decade and it was kind of like you bought 90% of a working system from various manufacturers and had to figure out the remaining 10% of it yourself.   My dad is very technical and concerned with privacy so doesn't use Microsoft or Apple, and uses Linux and after being forced to get a smartphone (because "there's an app for that" turned into "there's ONLY an app for that") and now runs Android in a secure little bubble inside a linux installation.  It's free and secure and all he had to do was spend about a year figuring it all out and several hours a week being his own systems administrator and troubleshooting things that just break for whatever reason.  No model is great, so I just think about it like it's pick the least worst and get on with your life. I use it on my Mac to put music onto my iPhone.  I also use it to play music on my Mac because I had to go to all the trouble of creating all the playlists for my phone anyway. It's also good for backing up your phone.
    • Probably including 24p results in a higher license fee for using the encoding codec. Since very few people use it in a camera like this, it will save them some money leaving it out. Money which would otherwise have been a production expense but now is a profit. Not stupid at all, smart is the correct word.
    • About 7 years ago i had few attempts to create DIY cinema camera, but it appears too complicated ant too risky as for hobby project. You can read a full story here: A story from SmallRig customer  
    • Damn, that is nice...  almost makes me want to get one.  Almost.... Your screenshots in the lenses thread say otherwise.  They also tell me you have perseverance, which might matter more than anything else in the end   Skill is the most expensive thing to acquire - it costs time (which isn't something you can get more of) and effort (which is limited) and humility (which might be the most scarce element on earth...).    If only it wasn't so!!
    • Come on Mattias, are we reading different posts or what because reading this thread I didn't get the impression that the lack of 24p is the end of the world. I did get the impression that it's silly that it's not there, that there's zero technical reasons why it's not there, that it's just Canon being " WE wANt TO PrOtect the CinemA linE "  I, just like you, shoot in 25/50 because that's the EU standard, I don't think I've ever shot in 24 on my GH5. However if it didn't have that option, I'd be the first one to write "wtf panasonic why can you do 25fps but not literally one frame less?" Not because I actually need it, but because I feel like it's such a standard feature that it should be implemented.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...