Apple have pulled one out of the bag here. A neural network powered image processor and dual-4K image sensors, on something that isn’t a proper camera.
Above: EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 and Pro LOG comparison shot on the Sony FS5 by Ethan Alexander
These magic settings are a MUST HAVE.
Don’t take my word for it though. I am biased! Other filmmakers and Sony users have been busy shooting with EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 and Pro LOG. It’s interesting to take a look at some of the reviews, tests and films shot this way.
Did you hear of the man who tried to clean every last spec of dust from his Hasselblad?
He’s dead now.
Firmware 2.0 for the Panasonic GH5 has been officially announced, and will be available for download at the end of September 2017. View the full press release and list of changes here
I’ve been testing a pre-production version of this on my camera thanks to Panasonic, to bring you my first impressions of the new features which include:
- Professional 400Mbit ALL-I intraframe codec for 10bit 4K 4:2:2
- “Open Gate” High Resolution Anamorphic Mode (4992 x 3744)
- Hybrid Log Gamma with view assist feature for HDR shooting
- New and improved autofocus engine for video
- Performance optimisations and bug fixes
Read on to find out what it’s like to shoot with…