A7S Mark ii Aps-c Mode?

Rinad Amir

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

When you have a camera that can record its entire sensor output, (A7s), crop modes are irrelevant. It's only for recording HD on a higher res sensor (4K, 6K, 8K). 

The camera has a 16:9 native FF 3840x2160 pixels, and you can record all of it, then you can crop as needed more percisely in post. Doing a s35 crop mode in-camera would be recording a 2.7K area, so recording 4K and cropping to 2.7K, 2.8K, 2.3K, etc is the way to go as it's more precise and preserves the most resolution,

About the 18-35mm, the lens actually covers more than it claims, actually from 24-25mm to 35mm it covers full-frame, at 35mm it's a very nice 35mm 1.8 prime. 

So if I was to use the 18-35mm on an A7sII, I would use it regularly in 4K FF mode, and crop the parts with heavy viggentting in post (the shots at 18-25mm). This way you get the most minimal loss of resolution. 

The cropped parts can be exported in 4K with the whole project, it'll be upscaled and it will still be a pretty sharp UHD file, noone will probably notice the cropped shots to be a bit softer, or of course you can better go oversampled to HD at the end and get a full 1080p resolution file. 

When you have a camera that can record its entire sensor output, (A7s), crop modes are irrelevant. It's only for recording HD on a higher res sensor (4K, 6K, 8K). 

The camera has a 16:9 native FF 3840x2160 pixels, and you can record all of it, then you can crop as needed more percisely in post. Doing a s35 crop mode in-camera would be recording a 2.7K area, so recording 4K and cropping to 2.7K, 2.8K, 2.3K, etc is the way to go as it's more precise and preserves the most resolution,

About the 18-35mm, the lens actually covers more than it claims, actually from 24-25mm to 35mm it covers full-frame, at 35mm it's a very nice 35mm 1.8 prime. 

So if I was to use the 18-35mm on an A7sII, I would use it regularly in 4K FF mode, and crop the parts with heavy viggentting in post (the shots at 18-25mm). This way you get the most minimal loss of resolution. 

The cropped parts can be exported in 4K with the whole project, it'll be upscaled and it will still be a pretty sharp UHD file, noone will probably notice the cropped shots to be a bit softer, or of course you can better go oversampled to HD at the end and get a full 1080p resolution file. 

Thats pretty much what i was lookin for thanks alot mate