GH4 + Canon FD (and 1 scene Olympus 12-40 f/2.8) music video

JazzBox

Dear all,

this is a music video I shot for a client with my GH4, some old Canon FD lenses (20 f/2.8, 24 f/2.8, 35 f/2, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8) and an Olympus 12-40 f/2.8 for a scene.
I used mostly the Cinelike D profile with saturation all the way down and sharpness -2, but for some scenes I used "Natural" with contrast -3, saturation all the way down and sharpness -2.
The cut and the color was done in FCPX: I used @AaronChicago GH4Alexa LUT via LUT Utility for 80% of the scenes (I used it between 30% and 50% depending on the scenes) and a Kodak emulation on the remaining shots. After the LUT I made the usual color correction and a light color grading with FCPX's color instrument.

I hope you'll enjoy and I'm happy to receive honest opinions and suggestions that help me to become a better DOP :)
https://youtu.be/XjaiOqVQ-9c

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thank you very much Bamigoreng!

You are right, we used shallow DOF sparingly because we had to shoot super fast since we was shooting run and gun in Rome without permits in just one afternoon and we could not repeat shoots, especially those on Ponte S. Angelo, full of tourists and selfie stick sellers :)
I shoot all handheld, excepts the wide shots, with a tripod.

Also the scenes with guitars were shoot all in one session (at Argentario, Tuscany), handheld, in the golden hour, and the same evening, when the sun went down we made the infinity black scene with the flares on tripod.

Thank you very much for your words, next time I will try to incorporate more close up with nice cinematic shallow DOF.

p.s: Beautiful shot! Is it yours?