Is Red about to release an affordable camera?

Flynn

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

that's nuts - it has no audio in or out.  man curious if these guys have used a c300 or fs7 before?  Mid range productions usually like to record audio into them. Lord help us all.

Hey Ed : ) but thats the thing I don't think the Raven is aimed as "traditional" mid-range productions, but more for "mid-range filmmakers" who want the red "mojo" for their film no-matter-what vs FS7/Ursa mini all-rounder cameras - ready for the wild. Now I don't know/understand in terms of market who is really going to go for the Raven... rich kids wanna be directors dropping off filmschool shooting their first short film ? Most companies I know tend to rent instead of buying the high-end gear (red or sony pro line). I'm very curious to see what the profile of the buyers will be. Personally I would never pre-order anything. I don't buy before I have seen what this thing can produce in terms of image. Heck even the Ursa mini 4.6k with its new sensor.