Best 4-5 stop nd under 100$

BrorSvensson

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hoya ProND line. Buy from Greg here at his eBay store. He's selling genuine Hoya ND filters at a great discount. The ND32 will cut 5 stops.

http://stores.ebay.com/photo4b-eu

Thanks! 
Do you know anything about this variable nd filter 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cokin-Pure-Harmonie-Grey-Variable-NDX-ND-X-52mm-Super-Thin-and-Light-Filter-/361153666989?hash=item54166f9fad , i've heard great things about cokin so just curious.

Thanks! Do you know anything about this variable nd filter http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cokin-Pure-Harmonie-Grey-Variable-NDX-ND-X-52mm-Super-Thin-and-Light-Filter-/361153666989?hash=item54166f9fad , i've heard great things about cokin so just curious.

Hoya ProNDs are not variable ND filters.

ND filters are tricky.  Unless someone owns several of them it is really hard to know which are the best.  A lot of great names in optics sell pricey ND filters that fall short in certain areas.  Dave Dugdale did a video that is now sadly somewhat out of date but watching it will give you an idea of how many parameters you need to consider when buying a filter and just how all over the map the results are regardless of price point.

Did i misunderstand? I read Bror's post and it sounds like he's saying he can't afford a Variable ND so he wants to buy a regular ND that cuts 4 or 5 stops.

Perhaps your right.  It may have been me who misunderstood what he was asking.  I see what you mean.  I thought be meant he wanted a regular variable ND vs a premium one.  But I guess what you were thinking makes sense.  I just wouldn't go down the individual ND filter route if I was on a budget.  That just seems backwards.

Thanks for the link to the Hoya ProNDs.  I am looking to add one or two ProNDs to supplement my Tiffen Variable ND.

I know I'm a little too late to the party, but I have been using a fader nd filter from Ritz Camera, under the brand name Ritz Gear. You can get them from Amazon, with their 30 day return policy for less than $40... Depending on the size. The reason I took a chance with them is because they use Schott Glass in this filter, which is the same optical company B+W use. I was using cheapo Fotga variable NDs prior to that, which really aren't that bad for 10 bucks. Of course, as Zak proved, I probably should save up for that SLR Magic filter. But now that I think about it, were you the person I recommended the Ritz Gear filter to a couple months ago? If so, did you find a color cast with it? 

I know I'm a little too late to the party, but I have been using a fader nd filter from Ritz Camera, under the brand name Ritz Gear. You can get them from Amazon, with their 30 day return policy for less than $40... Depending on the size. The reason I took a chance with them is because they use Schott Glass in this filter, which is the same optical company B+W use. I was using cheapo Fotga variable NDs prior to that, which really aren't that bad for 10 bucks. Of course, as Zak proved, I probably should save up for that SLR Magic filter. But now that I think about it, were you the person I recommended the Ritz Gear filter to a couple months ago? If so, did you find a color cast with it? 

Thanks for the recommendation, and no it wasn't me.

Thanks for the recommendation, and no it wasn't me.

Ok, good I wouldn't want to steer somebody in the wrong direction, of course with Amazon's return policy, almost anything is worth of shot. Were you the poster that found the Minolta lenses real cheap at an antique store? If so, did you sell them yet?

If you can spring an extra 10 dollars tiffens variable nd gets good reviews. I just picked on up and like it so far. This is for 58mm though, not sure what your lenses are. Either way I would just save up to get a more versatile filter rather than invest in something you might end up having limited use for.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/821124-REG/Tiffen_58VND_58mm_Variable_Neutral_Density.html