Looking to get back into photography.

Turboguard

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So my LX100 images disappeared for some reason. But here's two GX8 RAW with the Pana 14-140. I'm just wondering why the RAW's are so extremely noisy from in camera. My RAW's from the LX100 does not look like this at all.

GX8 14-140.RW2

GX8 14-1402.RW2

Here's some sample photos of the RAW from photographyblog.com and they look fantastic. I'm so confused.

panasonic_lumix_gx8_19.rw2

panasonic_lumix_gx8_70.rw2

So my LX100 images disappeared for some reason. But here's two GX8 RAW with the Pana 14-140. I'm just wondering why the RAW's are so extremely noisy from in camera. My RAW's from the LX100 does not look like this at all.

GX8 14-140.RW2

GX8 14-1402.RW2

Here's some sample photos of the RAW from photographyblog.com and they look fantastic. I'm so confused.

panasonic_lumix_gx8_19.rw2

panasonic_lumix_gx8_70.rw2

Your shots were taken at ISO 12800. You sure you compared the LX100 at the same ISO?

Your shots were taken at ISO 12800. You sure you compared the LX100 at the same ISO?

Wow, you're right, I forgot to set my ISO manually. But why would the auto bring it up to 12800 on the GX8 and still stick under 1000 on the LX? I have another week to decide so will go back and do fully manual. Thanks for finding that out Inazuma!

Another question.

Looking at the lenses below, the differences are Olympus being cheaper and adding 10mm focal length, while the Pana supports the double IS (body+lens). After using the LX100 and not really having any trouble stabilizing, which one should I go for? I'm looking at zoom lenses with a fast apt. only and these two are in the good price range. I'm not looking to switch lenses for a while and feel like after being used to the LX range these are good starting options. But yeah, is the Pana better?

EDIT: BH has a bundle deal with an extra 200 off of the Panasonic. So it's only $697.99. I'm just worried Panasonic lenses are bad, I have no experience with them... There's also the 14-140mm for $400 but aperture is 3.5 and not constant...

I'm so sorry for all the questions :S

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 2.10.42 PM.png

I'd say the Panasonic is the way to go for OIS. If you don't mind the lack thereof on the Olympus, I'd go with the Oly all the way. The PRO zooms are something else. Really nice built and quality to 'em and even gives you 5mm flexibility in zoomrange. I don't think anyone regret getting either though. They're fine lenses and the price kinda reflects that. In an ideal world we'd have a Panasonic body with 5-axis in-body stabilization with solid video (even if just 1080 or 1440p) where we could throw our Olympus lenses on. Getting the PRO zoom series, 7-14, 12-40 and 40-150mm f/2.8 (although quite the investment) would be a very solid foundation to build from.

Each zoom has its strengths and weaknesses, but I'd go for the Panasonic. 

1. It supports dual IS with the GX8
2. It supports DFD focusing with Panasonic bodies, which is the fastest, most accurate focusing system in mirrorless
3. It offers IS for video. Not dual IS--the sensor stays put during video for heat reasons--but you'll have something
4. It's a fair bit smaller and lighter than the Olympus

There are tons of comparisons online if you want to compare the look of each lens, but those are the practical reasons.