BMPCC vs. a6000 vs. A7ii vs. GH4 vs. Samsung NX1

dogentricks

How is shooting raw a "nuisance"?  It's 2015 not 2011.  Have you graded any Blackmagic raw files in Da Vinci Resolve recently?  It's easier to white balance and grade than Prores.  The only problem is file size... and I think it takes a bit longer to do the final export.

Am I doing something wrong?  Anyone else experiencing this "nuisance."

Nope. I recently bought a BMPCC and by experience running RAW files through Resolve is exactly as you described. Easy as pie, even on my very modest PC.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

How is shooting raw a "nuisance"?  It's 2015 not 2011.  Have you graded any Blackmagic raw files in Da Vinci Resolve recently?  It's easier to white balance and grade than Prores.  The only problem is file size... and I think it takes a bit longer to do the final export.

Am I doing something wrong?  Anyone else experiencing this "nuisance."

RAW footage isn't exactly as flexible to work with when considering most types of film/video work, versus, say, recording 10-bit prores.  It's also costly in terms of media storage, depending on the type of work you are doing.  I love "budget raw" (BMCC/BMPCC, 5d3 raw) but it isn't always the best choice.  That's all.

RAW footage isn't exactly as flexible to work with when considering most types of film/video work, versus, say, recording 10-bit prores.  It's also costly in terms of media storage, depending on the type of work you are doing.  I love "budget raw" (BMCC/BMPCC, 5d3 raw) but it isn't always the best choice.  That's all.

It's just as flexible if you're using Premiere or Resolve. Besides increased storage and slightly more processing power, there's not a lot of downside.