Davinici Resolve PC vs Mac -and Window 10 is great

Ed_David

Anyone notice anything worse about the Davinci Resolve PC version over the Mac version?

Because I think I am jumping ship from apple to PC - the Thinkpad p50 seems like a mac pro but $2000 cheaper - and all I really need is resolve to edit my stuff and color.

I'm pretty much done with final cut pro - and therefore done with the price gorging - all the cult-like Apple BS at their stores - and just all of it.

Windows 10 I have been using for 3 weeks or so - super stable.  I love it.  Works very fast and well.  

So goodbye to you Apple, I hope.  You have a really nice OS but it's not worth $2000.  Also this way I can play the Witcher 3 and GTA V on the road!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I do have Windows 10 and OSX Yosemite in a Dual Boot setup on my editing machine (4790K, 2 GTX970, 64GB RAM) ... never been a huge fan of Windos 8(.1) - Windows 10 is awesome though. I didn't register any major performance differences between OSX and Windows but I only use Resolve for 2-3 weeks now... I can do some benchmarks if you want - and if you tell me what exactly you would need :) 

I do have Windows 10 and OSX Yosemite in a Dual Boot setup on my editing machine (4790K, 2 GTX970, 64GB RAM) ... never been a huge fan of Windos 8(.1) - Windows 10 is awesome though. I didn't register any major performance differences between OSX and Windows but I only use Resolve for 2-3 weeks now... I can do some benchmarks if you want - and if you tell me what exactly you would need :) 

that would be amazing

just going from pro res 1080p hq file and transcoding with 3 nodes to pro res 422 - just want to see frames per second to do it between the two

yes need to see though if it can be my DIT machine or if I need to be trapped to the apple cult anymore than I need too.