Need Help with GH4 Repair!

moviemaykr

I have an error message that says "Lens Failed to Attach Correctly" and it seems after looking at my camera one of the lens gold pins is broken on the inside of the camera. how do I fix that? and whats an estimate cost? Has anyone sent in their cameras for repair to the Panasonic place in Texas and if so how was the service? Any advice would be appreciated.

CYMERA_20150808_083042.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have no idea about the repair part. However I do wonder if the pin is actually broken. I had a couple of them bend after connecting a modified adapter. Got the same message. I could bend the pins back with a small pliers so they would atleast make contact again. The pins are quite robust and don't break easily. Are you sure the pin isn't just pushed in and got stuck (you can push them in all the way). Maybe with some fiddling you can get it out again.

My 2 cents in case it's not broken

thanks for the info and I feel the same way. This happened after we tried to put on a Metabones adaptor. I just have to figure out how to get it un stuck :)

I tried with my wife tiny tweezers but no luck. I dont want to damage anything but I hate to send it in and find out it was stuck.