The Revenge Of The Moire Shootout (14 Cameras)

Mattias Burling

• Super Members

Today I realized I had footage from 14 different cameras at the "Building of Moire". And the last version of the video had 7, so every seventh it is :)

Now the Test includes:
Sony NEX5t
Sony a6000
Sony FS100
Sony AX100
Sony A7
Sony A7ii
Panasonic LX100
Panasonic HMC151
Panasonic GM1
Canon XC10
Blackmagic Pocket
Blackmagic 4K Production
Digital Bolex
Samsung NX1

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Wow. I'd heard that the A7 was poor when it came to moire, but that's just comically bad! I mean, the A7ii isn't any great shakes when it comes to video, but I have to admit they did improve it massively over the original model.

Bit more surprised to see just how bad the a6000 does here. I often hear people say what a great camera it is and how it beats the pants off of any DSLR when it comes to video, but in terms of moire at least it looks no better than most of Canon's DSLRs, and noticeably worse than any of Nikon's cameras from the last couple of years.

• Super Members

Wow. I'd heard that the A7 was poor when it came to moire, but that's just comically bad! I mean, the A7ii isn't any great shakes when it comes to video, but I have to admit they did improve it massively over the original model.

Bit more surprised to see just how bad the a6000 does here. I often hear people say what a great camera it is and how it beats the pants off of any DSLR when it comes to video, but in terms of moire at least it looks no better than most of Canon's DSLRs, and noticeably worse than any of Nikon's cameras from the last couple of years.

Yeah I read all that and got the a6000. Other than high iso the Nex5t was just as good or sometimes better. So I returned it.