G7 vs A6000

jagnje

next week is a new camera time so...the price diference is just like a 100€, and I can`t decide.

a6000:

+fullframe with a speedbooster

+plenty of wide angle vintage glass with a speedbooster

+a really flat image

-aliasing

g7:

+nicer iso noise/low light

+very little aliasing

+mic input

-bigger crop

So, I`m not a huge fan of either, but they both fit money vise. I have a tokina at-x 28-80 that is my favorite lens to date and the idea of a speedboosted one on an aspc seems very appealing to me. I don`t care about 4k that much, but 4k downscaled to 1080p seems very atractive to have a clean image I can work on and it`s maybe a bit more future proof. So with the G7 gain a nicer image compared to the 550d that I use now, but with the A6000 I get to use it as a full frame and use more lenses.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have the a5100 and like it a lot. The 50mbps codec is really clean and flat using the recommended Portrait -3, 0, -3. 

I haven't seen much footage from the G7, but on paper it looks good and I can see how that 4K down sampled to 1080p is alluring... It's the reason I bought the NX500. 

nx500 just has way too much crop for me in 4k to be usefull, and no speedbooster can be mounted on it. But yes, there just isn`t any proper G7 footage out there to see. Waiting on the review from Andrew to see what it can do with a speedbooster.

I have the a5100 and like it a lot. The 50mbps codec is really clean and flat using the recommended Portrait -3, 0, -3. 

Recommended by whom? Just curious, because i currently use the same settings, but in combination with natural.

Recommended by whom? Just curious, because i currently use the same settings, but in combination with natural.

In the review of the camera by Cinema 5D, they found that setting produced the best, flattest results. That and either ISO 200 or 800 had the best dynamic range. But, as always, personal preference trumps everything. How do you like natural?