Canon STM lenses with Sony/m43 adapters.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Does anybody know if Canon STM lenses can be adapted to other cameras?

Using an electronic adapter of course these lenses are all electronic and focus by wire but their focus rings are absolutely beautiful and smooth, would like to know if they're only limited to Canon bodies

Anyone tried an adapter with an STM? I can't find a substitute for my beloved 10-18mm STM IS ultra sharp Ultra wide angle s35 lens for 200 bucks! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For photography yes, for video not so much.

The little 40 2.8 STM works great on an A7s for stills.      Slow AF but somewhat useable.     AF-S only.

On the GX7 with the Kipon AF adapter, AF is almost native fast but again, AF-S only and it distorts quite badly.     It is also always trying to focus if the camera is on (though not AF-C) so needs to be turned off between using or the battery will drain.    AF is also not always accurate on the Kipon either and it seems to me needs brighter light than the GX7 otherwise needs.

For manual focus and video it should be fine on E mount.      Ok on the GX7 and Kipon as long as you can avoid showing the distortion.