Sony Vegas pro dropping frames, help

elgabogomez

Hi, i'm not experienced in vegas pro but I have a project that is edited in it and I am having a problem where the rendered file is dropping frames inexplicably every few minutes/seconds, completely random. Thus making the cadence almost like slow motion, it is a long project so re editing in another NLE is not an option. Any of you has had this problem? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yep, I tried to render to xavc/mxf, to avc and to mp4 with same results. The files I'm rendering are mp4 h264 at 50mbps, 1080 23.976 the final output pretended is 1080 23.976p at 35mbps. The timeline is 23.976 as well so I'm at a loss here at what is wrong.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Try this if you haven't, before rendering, right click on the clip on the timeline, then properties, then choose Disable Resample vs the standard Smart Resample, that always gave me motion cadence problems and weird frame dropping. Try it on a small file 1st. Might be.   

It isn't windows, it happened in the director's computer and also on mine, in different hard drives, his is an AMD processor, mine is an i7. I was able to replicate the issue with one file at the 29, 30 seconds mark, I re-rendered that file with after effects from the camera file (wich doesn't lag or drop frames if used in Vegas, but is not "processed" cc-ed, grained, etc.). The problem appears to be that Vegas doesn't like mp4 h264 files for whatever reason so I'm converting everything to prores. That seems to solve the problem, we'll see. Now I have to replace EVERYTHING in the timeline... Is there any way to make Vegas to do it automatically?