Sennheiser ew100-G3 Lav Issue

bodressler

I just finished a shoot that utilized two Sennheiser ew100-G3 lav's. On both sets I performed a scan, used the bank with the most open channels, and synced the transmitter to the receiver without a problem. The transmitter was placed in the subjects pocket.

example: https://vimeo.com/132673631
password: senny

Despite this I still was having serious problems with this type of interference throughout the shoot. Can anyone give me some ideas to try as far as fixing this issue for future shoots? Of note: the subject was carrying a radio and his cell phone was in the same pocket at the transmitter for a period of time. Changing this had no effect and I have had this problem on another shoot in a completely different location in a completely different environment. Further, in my tests indoors at home I have not run into this issue, it is only when outside on walk and talk style shoots that I get this issue.  I had it with both lav sets.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? What am I doing wrong?  It seems like it would have to do with subject movement since I cannot replicate it in my tests and since it has happened in two different locations, urban and rural/suburban.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Joe

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Same type of thing with my unit. I'm also interested in knowing what causes it?

To clarify, I am not getting the same type of lose connection sound in your Vimeo clip 00:00-00:07, but I do get that interference sound even when only a short distance from my subject. And sometimes the unit even is susceptible to the coil/ condenser electrical impulses of old motor vehicles.