Lumix GH4: More LUT Samples

jonpais

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The images look identical to me. Did you upload them correctly?

​Hi Utsira, the differences are subtle. I only applied 6%; perhaps if I'd gone a bit further, the differences would become more apparent. But I'm sure you can see that the Oisiris Delta  LUT is cooler than the rest. In fact, the subject's complexion was rather creamy, and most of the LUTs make her skin look warmer than it was under the lighting conditions. If I were a colorist, which I'm not, I would go ahead and add further corrections. Perhaps I will after all!

Yeah, I noticed one of them was a little cooler, but very hard to see such subtle differences without a direct, left-side right-side composite image I think. I have the ImpulZ Luts, but not Osiris. I probably should experiment with using them at different levels instead of just putting them at 100%.

Yeah, I noticed one of them was a little cooler, but very hard to see such subtle differences without a direct, left-side right-side composite image I think. I have the ImpulZ Luts, but not Osiris. I probably should experiment with using them at different levels instead of just putting them at 100%.

​Utsira - are you starting with CineLike D profile? Because I'm working with Natural, and if I go up to 100%, the image looks radioactive (^-^)

Anyhow, I went ahead and raised the levels in the test to 20% across the board, and the differences are much more noticeable. Let me know what you think.

No, I just use the Rec709 version of the LUTs. I have a G6 and an A6000, so no CineLikeD for me. I did try grading some GH4 footage with the Rec709 LUTs and it looked good to me. It looks like the Osiris LUTs might be quite a bit more aggressive and pushed than ImpulZ, just going on samples I've seen.